Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I'm confused on why TJD and Watford are even being compared as like the same player, my opinion is Watford is more of a wing then any of the other 4, I feel like you could get him and anyone of the 3 together

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think the comparison, at least in my estimation is Brooks vs Watford. Both are 3’s that could play some 2 and 4 maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the comparison, at least in my estimation is Brooks vs Watford. Both are 3’s that could play some 2 and 4 maybe.

Guess I do seem them as more similar, but wow I can only say that Watford seems to be head and shoulders above Brooks

3 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

“The Watfords also are looking to make another visit to Indiana.”

“We hope so, I think probably in the summer,” Ernest Watford, Trendon’s father, told Peegs.com. “Ed has assured me they’re coming full tilt.”

From Peegs

I think it was first brought up last summer that Ed Schilling had a really good IN with the Watfords from his time working with Christian. Let's see what ya got, Ed!

I would be thrilled with any of the four—-we may have to go with first come—first served! If a 5 Star wants to come—welcome them. We can’t afford to lose them with the hope we MAY get another one. I imagine Miller is letting them know they better decide quickly or risk losing out. Take the first 2 out of the 4 who are ready to be Hoosiers NOW. I think that may be TJD and Watford....

That's absolutely fine with me.I actually like Watford over Brooks and think we have a far greater chance with TJD that what we have with Hurt.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

That's absolutely fine with me.I actually like Watford over Brooks and think we have a far greater chance with TJD that what we have with Hurt.

If it came down to one or the other, I would prefer Watford over Brooks. However, I don’t think it’s out of the realm that IU could get both

If it came down to one or the other, I would prefer Watford over Brooks. However, I don’t think it’s out of the realm that IU could get both

Not out of the realm but probably not likely given our needs and the fact they are both wings.We need a post in that class .

2 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Not out of the realm but probably not likely given our needs and the fact they are both wings.We need a post in that class .

Agreed. We will have 3 spots available I think and would need a post presence and a guard to fill out the class.

Historical Question: Anybody know if Trendon was actually at the game when his brother hit The Wat Shot? He was at a lot of games over the years. If he was I can certainly understand how that could make someone a Hoosier for life. When I’m having a bad day—I still pull up one of the replays of that shot and the fan reaction both In The Hall and at Nicks. I still get chills experiencing that all over again! For me—sign Trendon up—he’s a legacy and honorary Hoosier in my book. I am all for more Wat Shots in the future!

He was. You can see him in some of the photos taken. He is just to the right of Christian’s waistband in the image below:

09D443FE-E63A-4C4D-BA2C-3D04CDDB2A61.thumb.jpeg.9c2396cfb3296207856f4d3f3ae9e58b.jpeg

I bet he still haves dreams about it but with him as the shooter. He felt that special electricity that night. One of the best moments of the year in all of basketball. Oh, he loves him some IU!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app