Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Yea not getting that decision. I would wish him luck but sadly I hope his coach gets fired and everyone who he offered money to gets suspended and kicked out of NCAA negatively impacting their draft stock lol. Sorry probably should have said nothing

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Have a big problem with this. It absolutely negatively impacts my feelings towards the Watford’s. Of course it’s pervasive. But a recording of a Coach BUYING A PLAYER made public during their decision making process? That doesn’t dissuade them? Really?  What a giant FU to every program that is trying to do it right. 

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Have a big problem with this. It absolutely negatively impacts my feelings towards the Watford’s. Of course it’s pervasive. But a recording of a Coach BUYING A PLAYER made public during their decision making process? That doesn’t dissuade them? Really?  What a giant FU to every program that is trying to do it right. 

Not buying “a” player. Complaining about how difficult it has been to buy a player when it was so much easier to buy the other players. This is a bad look and a decision I think Trendon and his family will go on to regret. Either way, good luck to him. 

This isn’t a bad look. This is how things go within revenue sports at the power 5 level. It’s either get with the times or become irrelevant. The FBI has basically said they don’t care. The NCAA has said they don’t care, just deny and they are good. The SEC came out a few years ago and said they want to do better at basketball. You see Pearl get rehired, Wade to LSU, and  Howland to MSU. Crean even lands the top player at UGA. The only programs that suffer are the ones that want to play by some rules that aren’t followed and can’t be enforced. Oh and the president of the NCAA, is the former chancellor of LSU. IU administration need to get with it and let Archie do his job on a level playing field. 

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Yea not getting that decision. I would wish him luck but sadly I hope his coach gets fired and everyone who he offered money to gets suspended and kicked out of NCAA negatively impacting their draft stock lol. Sorry probably should have said nothing

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Would be nice, but never gonna happen.

58 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

This is good for Indiana

How so? The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it was LSU or Memphis the entire time and the only reason IU made its way into conversation was because of the Will Wade issues. To me that was the only way he comes here and its more out of necessity because Memphis filled up and LSU needed a new coach, rather than him really wanting to be here.

I don’t necessarily think we need another addition for next season so my preference would be to shut it down and focus on 2020. I don’t like seeing IU getting involved in recruitments late only to see us lose out. 

59 minutes ago, Feathery said:

This isn’t a bad look. This is how things go within revenue sports at the power 5 level. It’s either get with the times or become irrelevant. The FBI has basically said they don’t care. The NCAA has said they don’t care, just deny and they are good. The SEC came out a few years ago and said they want to do better at basketball. You see Pearl get rehired, Wade to LSU, and  Howland to MSU. Crean even lands the top player at UGA. The only programs that suffer are the ones that want to play by some rules that aren’t followed and can’t be enforced. Oh and the president of the NCAA, is the former chancellor of LSU. IU administration need to get with it and let Archie do his job on a level playing field. 

Unlike the toothless in-breds of the Kentucky "schools" or the arrogant frauds in North Carolina, I would take little joy in victories IU gained by cheating.  I agree it's pervasive and getting worse, but see the solution differently. I believe the NCAA needs a Buford Pusser to emerge and go all "walking tall" on the d-bags that cheat. Make it more painful to cheat than it is to compete fairly. I don't have much hope of that actually happening, but I'm a dreamer.

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Unlike the toothless in-breds of the Kentucky "schools" or the arrogant frauds in North Carolina, I would take little joy in victories IU gained by cheating.  I agree it's pervasive and getting worse, but see the solution differently. I believe the NCAA needs a Buford Pusser to emerge and go all "walking tall" on the d-bags that cheat. Make it more painful to cheat than it is to compete fairly. I don't have much hope of that actually happening, but I'm a dreamer.

Dreamin' with ya

42 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

How so? The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it was LSU or Memphis the entire time and the only reason IU made its way into conversation was because of the Will Wade issues. To me that was the only way he comes here and its more out of necessity because Memphis filled up and LSU needed a new coach, rather than him really wanting to be here.

I don’t necessarily think we need another addition for next season so my preference would be to shut it down and focus on 2020. I don’t like seeing IU getting involved in recruitments late only to see us lose out. 

Way too much smoke surrounding this and I'd rather not be part of it.  At a 30,000' level, that's why.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Smoke? This recruitment has been on fire and is now ashes. 007 made it clear a long time ago that this recruitment was dirty and IU didn’t want to play the games that were being played. His final schools included the dirtiest of the B level programs and he chose a school that should be getting the death penalty.

I don’t hate the player, I hate the game and as others have said, the ncaa’s lack of action and blatant disregard for the rules has ruined the game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The NCAA answers to the university presidents. The presidents dont care about rules for basketball and football. What they care about is making money. See Big Ten having a revenue of $759 million. As long as the money train is rolling, and your compliance office is on the same page, almost anything is legal. Frankly there is a lot of ways that you can do things, perceived dirty by fans, but perfectly legal by NCAA standards.