Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They also play on an incredibly balanced team... Bog, VO, Thad, MT, DC, and DS all avg double figures. 

Turner has some work to do.. Sabonis just needs more experience and all that. Good building pieces. 

Agree, and actually very similar to Tatum and Brown on my Celtics, as far as the situation of young players with potential/promise on a team of veterans. You take a guy like Devin Booker who gets to dominate on a team like the Suns, but Brown and Tatum have to share time and the ball with Irving, Horford, Hayward, Smart, Rozier, Morris, etc. Much like the Pacers young guys. 

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree, and actually very similar to Tatum and Brown on my Celtics, as far as the situation of young players with potential/promise on a team of veterans. You take a guy like Devin Booker who gets to dominate on a team like the Suns, but Brown and Tatum have to share time and the ball with Irving, Horford, Hayward, Smart, Rozier, Morris, etc. Much like the Pacers young guys. 

Truth. 

3 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Good point. I just think most of these one and done players don't make much of an impact their first few years. Take Noah Vonleh for example. Took him awhile to get his career going. Just hate the one and done rule. Let him go out of high school or 2-3 years in college. Works in baseball and works in the NFL (minus coming out of high school). I also hate the same team winning the championship every year. Durant to Golden State has ruined the NBA. Take him out and I think the NBA is more intriguing. 

Most NBA players don't make much of an impact their first few years no matter how long they spent in college 

The NBA is awesome right now.

We will agree to disagree. I try at least once a week to watch a game. It lasts about 5 minutes. When Bird, Magic, Dr J, Isaiah etc played, I watched every game I could. They played harder back then IMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

We will agree to disagree. I try at least once a week to watch a game. It lasts about 5 minutes. When Bird, Magic, Dr J, Isaiah etc played, I watched every game I could. They played harder back then IMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ill take NHL playoffs over NBA playoffs any day. I loved the NBA in the 90's but feel like it has fallen off since I enjoyed the rivalries and they seem to be no more. The quality of coach has also disappeared. It's a new style of run and game and jacking up 3's. I loved the physicality of the 80s and 90s. Probably why I gravitate to NHL now. 

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t really enjoy the NBA anymore. Just feel like Jersey sales have become the overriding decision makers during games when it comes to officiating. It’s gone way beyond the superstar bonus of the 90s. 

The NBA really isn't for me -- not now or then -- but I'll see any NBA jersey related call made recently and raise you a Larry Johnson four point play foul call against the Pacers in the Eastern conference finals.

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IMG_1556296827.827832.jpg

This kinda stuff worries me. Not about winning or team. Just showcasing.

We need this type of talent though. Like I say, I’m conflicted what to root for anymore, because we don’t have an identity that has proven to work.

Final thought. I want Watford because Justin Smith scares the bejesus out of me. I would root for him to overachieve and become a one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's not even a tweet he wrote, how in the world does that reflect upon Trendon in any way,  shape, or form?

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Because CWAT retweeted it with a prayer emoji. CWAT is highly involved in the recruitment.

Christian is not Trendon and Trendon is not Christian. Anyone with a sibling knows they can't read your mind or perfectly represent your views even if you are very close. 

All that being said he may just be retweeting someone because they said anything positive about his brother. They're talking about how good he is. Mentioning that he could potentially leave after one year just contextualizes HOW good he is as that's a rarefied tier. Or maybe Christian knows who runs the account and is trying to push views to the platform. Could be anything. And no matter what it is Christian is not his brother. 

You have to really twist yourself into knots to take a tweet written by someone else, retweeted by a recruit's brother for unknown reasons, and take that to imply something negative about the recruit himself. It's powerfully ridiculous. 

Christian is not Trendon and Trendon is not Christian. Anyone with a sibling knows they can't read your mind or perfectly represent your views even if you are very close. 
All that being said he may just be retweeting someone because they said anything positive about his brother. They're talking about how good he is. Mentioning that he could potentially leave after one year just contextualizes HOW good he is as that's a rarefied tier. Or maybe Christian knows who runs the account and is trying to push views to the platform. Could be anything. And no matter what it is Christian is not his brother. 
You have to really twist yourself into knots to take a tweet written by someone else, retweeted by a recruit's brother for unknown reasons, and take that to imply something negative about the recruit himself. It's powerfully ridiculous. 

Lol. Ok.
I’m not basing the take entirely from this post.

IMG_1556296827.827832.thumb.jpg.4cb034bce3c1b0a7adb3e6ef48b3c9b8.jpg

This kinda stuff worries me. Not about winning or team. Just showcasing.

We need this type of talent though. Like I say, I’m conflicted what to root for anymore, because we don’t have an identity that has proven to work.

Final thought. I want Watford because Justin Smith scares the bejesus out of me. I would root for him to overachieve and become a one and done.

I agree. I would still love to get Watford but I found him more intriguing when there was little talk of him being a one and done.

We will need guys like that more down the road but right now we need to build

New CB picks for Trendon, too. 2 for LSU, 1 for Bama (from the Memphis guy). Memphis fans seem to want Precious more, so the local talk on him seems to have died down a little.

tw.PNG

2 minutes ago, BH33 said:

New CB picks for Trendon, too. 2 for LSU, 1 for Bama (from the Memphis guy). Memphis fans seem to want Precious more, so the local talk on him seems to have died down a little.

tw.PNG

I'm still where I was before; I think that he ends up at Bama, with Memphis a possibility and IU a long shot with a chance.