Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

26 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I figured the Watfords would not be very excited about once again making the drive to Bloomington, over and over, but was a bit suprised to see  that the drive to Baton Rouge is only a hour less than Bloomington (5 1/2 vs 6 1/2). 

I would be a lot more worried about the quality of man that's coaching my son over the next 3-4 years. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would be a lot more worried about the quality of man that's coaching my son over the next 3-4 years. 

Yes, I agree but it sounds like LSU is picking up steam so I was curious to see if distance could be a motivating factor (which does not seem to be the case). It would be disappointing if he goes to LSU because Wade is clearly guilty/slime. On the other hand there is a ton of smoke coming out of Arizona but Sean currently has the 2nd highest rated recruiting class in the country.

8 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Has it even been confirmed Watford is going to visit?  Or was that a Peegs thing that's just kind of out there as a possibility.

Christian said they were trying to schedule a visit. I don’t think any confirmation of it has come out.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

If you take him at his word, the most important factor he’s looking for is “the school I can just trust 100%.”

The writer of the article completely dismissed IU in his analysis, but that’s arguably a pro-IU summary for Trendon Watford.

I don't quite get the pessimism. He had good things to say about each school. With respect to IU, he said the home visit with Archie was "really good." I'm not sure what people expect out of an interview like this. I didn't read positive or negative about any of the schools. He just wasn't tipping his hand. We've been a bit of long shot all along and we'll know soon enough. 

Why would anyone want to go to LSU right now? I mean I'm not saying he has to go to IU but there is so much uncertainty there. Their whole team basically left-most of them should have stayed. I guess they think it is a ticket to the NBA. Tired of this one and done mess. Let the kids go straight out of high school. If they want to go to college they need to stay three years. The NBA is awful to watch right now. How many 20-22 year olds do you see dominating the NBA right now? In the NFL young players make an impact right away. Why? Because they develop in college and are mature enough to handle the pros. You will have a Lebron, Durant, Davis, etc every once in a while. But most of these kids need to stay in college for three years. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Why would anyone want to go to LSU right now? I mean I'm not saying he has to go to IU but there is so much uncertainty there. Their whole team basically left-most of them should have stayed. I guess they think it is a ticket to the NBA. Tired of this one and done mess. Let the kids go straight out of high school. If they want to go to college they need to stay three years. The NBA is awful to watch right now. How many 20-22 year olds do you see dominating the NBA right now? In the NFL young players make an impact right away. Why? Because they develop in college and are mature enough to handle the pros. You will have a Lebron, Durant, Davis, etc every once in a while. But most of these kids need to stay in college for three years. 

The NBA is awesome right now. But, there's a difference between dominating and making an impact. Below are just a few of the 20-22 year olds (I didn't look up ages, so could be of a year or two for some).

Jayson Tatum

Jaylen Brown

Donovan Mitchell

Ben Simmons

Luca Doncic

Trae Young

Devin Booker

Karl Anthony Townes

If you extend to under 25 the list includes Joel Embiid, Nikola Jokic, Giannis (probably MVP), Porzingas and several other stars. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The NBA is awesome right now. But, there's a difference between dominating and making an impact. Below are just a few of the 20-22 year olds (I didn't look up ages, so could be of a year or two for some).

Jayson Tatum

Jaylen Brown

Donovan Mitchell

Ben Simmons

Luca Doncic

Trae Young

Devin Booker

Karl Anthony Townes

If you extend to under 25 the list includes Joel Embiid, Nikola Jokic, Giannis (probably MVP), Porzingas and several other stars. 

Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis

Good call. At 22 and 23 years old, for whatever reason those guys don't get mentioned in the same breathe as the list I posted, but probably should be. Both are main contributors on a team that's been in the playoffs the last two seasons and who knows what would have happened this year if Oladipo doesn't go down. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Good call. At 22 and 23 years old, for whatever reason those guys don't get mentioned in the same breathe as the list I posted, but probably should be. Both are main contributors on a team that's been in the playoffs the last two seasons and who knows what would have happened this year if Oladipo doesn't go down. 

They also play on an incredibly balanced team... Bog, VO, Thad, MT, DC, and DS all avg double figures. 

Turner has some work to do.. Sabonis just needs more experience and all that. Good building pieces. 

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Jayson Tatum

Jaylen Brown

Donovan Mitchell

Ben Simmons

Luca Doncic

Trae Young

Devin Booker

Karl Anthony Townes

Good point. I just think most of these one and done players don't make much of an impact their first few years. Take Noah Vonleh for example. Took him awhile to get his career going. Just hate the one and done rule. Let him go out of high school or 2-3 years in college. Works in baseball and works in the NFL (minus coming out of high school). I also hate the same team winning the championship every year. Durant to Golden State has ruined the NBA. Take him out and I think the NBA is more intriguing.