Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The word was to not get too hopeful about this recruitment unless he takes another visit, so very interesting. If CWat can deliver Trendon to IU then give the man whatever job he wants. 

Yeah I still think Memphis gets him but that is awesome if IU gets him on campus again. I think he fits well at IU. I just hope his mindset is to get better and play for Indiana. Not for the NBA...

The cameo someone got from CWat had me thinking. What if 5,000 IU fans ordered cameos from CWat for little bros commitment. Would that violate any NCAA rules? It’s technically paying for a service. However, I could see the NCAA hammering us if we admitted CWat played at IU and we paid for them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

The cameo someone got from CWat had me thinking. What if 5,000 IU fans ordered cameos from CWat for little bros commitment. Would that violate any NCAA rules? It’s technically paying for a service. However, I could see the NCAA hammering us if we admitted CWat played at IU and we paid for them.

Maybe Archie could just pay for a Cameo every day for as long as His bro plays 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sounds like Trendon's home visit went well. Christian says they are planning to visit IU. 

Perhaps the plan to visit IU is the catalyst for the cancelled Jordan Brand announcement, and it not being televised is just a convenient reasoning.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I would never fire an assistant to get a recruit but if one were leaving anyway I would give Watford a shot. 

Sean Miller is due to be hired at Southwestern East State Tech and will probably need an assistant with the ability to teach the stretch four position!  :)

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We would get the death penalty. 

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm a skeptic.  This whole recruitment just doesn't feel right.

I know how you feel, but we've had some recruitments that felt rather right that didn't pan out, so I'm all for riding this one out while hoping for the best.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Perhaps the plan to visit IU is the catalyst for the cancelled Jordan Brand announcement, and it not being televised is just a convenient reasoning.

That reason seemed like a little suspect to me, especially coming right after we had an in-home visit. Could always just be a coincidence, but maybe not. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well yeah; that’s certainly true.

But still. :92:

Of course. C'mon we were never really a serious consideration, but things have happened as of late. Now teams ahead of us have some unanswered questions. We're a comfortable safety net. He knows what he has in Bloomington already. Fall baby, fall!

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sean Miller is due to be hired at Southwestern East State Tech and will probably need an assistant with the ability to teach the stretch four position!  :)

Hmm would be interesting way around that little rule. Sean hire the relatives of Archie’s recruits and vice versa. Then no need to make them one of the 3 assistants. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Speaking of this..my fiance is a UK fan..I was gonna have Watford do one for her birthday or something in the future :) The $20 is worth it. 

Couple of Crystal Ball flips from Memphis to LSU, including Jerry Meyer. Certainly influenced by Will Wade reinstatement today, but still makes you wonder... how does a family look at what’s out there on Wade/LSU and think - yeah, let’s send the boy there - that’s the coach I want to be a role model for my son!

Couple of Crystal Ball flips from Memphis to LSU, including Jerry Meyer. Certainly influenced by Will Wade reinstatement today, but still makes you wonder... how does a family look at what’s out there on Wade/LSU and think - yeah, let’s send the boy there - that’s the coach I want to be a role model for my son!

For every shady coach there are probably 100 shady kids and families. Not saying the watfords are, but there are a lot of them that don’t care and actually likely are in on it with him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Of course. C'mon we were never really a serious consideration, but things have happened as of late. Now teams ahead of us have some unanswered questions. We're a comfortable safety net. He knows what he has in Bloomington already. Fall baby, fall!

It's Romeo's recruitment all over again isn't it?

8 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Interesting. I know he will be the guy at LSU since their whole team is gone but will they be any good next year?? I feel like they are next years Arizona.