Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

44 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Since two of the major culprits are gone, are you referring to Jake and Clif? I didn't know those two were such a problem. I think I can guess the other two.

I was referring to Romeo and Jake.  No idea whether Cliff was part of the mess or not.  Green and Smith are still around; and I know this is a dead horse from me, but Green just doesn't feel right to me in any way.   I know he has some ability and I know he can get hot.  He played great late last season.   No question.    But he makes bad decisions on and off the court, and I don't believe he's a great team mate.  I would love to be proven wrong and will be first in line to say so if I am.

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Chris-any chance IU can squeeze an on-campus visit with Trendon? I know he has been on campus before but still. 

I believe today is the end of the recruiting period, no?  which would suggest Archie had the last visit last night

A Dead Period started today and runs through Thursday.    No in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations, and official and unofficial visits by recruits to the college’s campus are not permitted. 

From the 19th thru the 24th is a Recruiting Period where authorized athletics department staff may make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Good facts.  But that's not where the facts stop.

Fact...the worst losses in IU basketball history have Archie Miller's name next to them.

Not even close; an not close to a "fact."   

Fact...we had more talent than teams that were beating us.

Fact :  this happens to every team every year.  If it were only about talent, coaches would be irrelevant except for their ability to recruit.  We had more talent than Syracuse under Crean, too.   You think Texas A&M was the most talented team in the NCAA Tournanent?   Do you think Virginia was?    We had the most talented team in the country twice in the early 1990's and didn't win the title either time.  In fact, of the 3 we've won while I've been alive, we may have been the most talented once.     Another fact :  talent alone doesn't win.  The pieces have to fit.  Ours didn't.  

Fact...teams with more underclassmen than us were beating us, negating that fact.

Fact again :  The pieces have to fit.   Chemistry matters.  A lot.

Fact...we lacked preparation and motivation.

This is the definition of conjecture and opinion.  Not one word of that is a fact.

Fact...this board is sunshine pumpers by a vast majority.

Fact :  I am hardly someone any reasonable person here would put in that category; but I AM logical, and the above "facts" you recite, just aren't.

Fact...there are so many red flags here that there's reasons for negativity.  If somebody gets frustrated by perceived negativity, they need to step back and look at all the facts, not just the hand selected ones.

There are also signs of positive if you know what to look for.  There are reasons to be optimistic if you know why (addition by subtraction, players who are willing to buy in to the coach's system, that both Jackson-Davis and Franklin are really good; that Hunter is really good, that Phinsee, Thompson, and Davis will be healthy, etc.  

Regardless, I'm going to drop it in this thread.  I'd be ecstatic to land Trendon Watford.  I really hope we do..

If he is anything but a great team mate who will stay 3-4 years, buy in, and play his a$$ off every day, I couldn't care less about any player we get or don't get.  

53 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sounds like Trendon's home visit went well. Christian says they are planning to visit IU. 

"They" are planning to visit IU, as in Christian too?

Starting to feel like Christian may be pursuing a job with IU, which I would be all for.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

"They" are planning to visit IU, as in Christian too?

Starting to feel like Christian may be pursuing a job with IU, which I would be all for.

Pretty sure he used we in the interview. I'd be all for bringing Christian on for a role. Was a good Hoosier.