Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

This board is 95% sunshine pumping.  If the 5% annoys you, that's on you.

But the 5% post more than 50% of the people here. The part that annoys me is the complete obtuse view on things. Everything is looking down a tunnel, taking no care for what the reality of the situation is. Then they turn around and blast the program they love. All the while it’s year freaking 2 of the Archie era. It’s not like Crean when he had been here for 6 years, it’s year 2. We started 4 underclassmen and people wonder why we start slow, are inconsistent, lack motivation. Growing pains people. Growing pains. 

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

But the 5% post more than 50% of the people here. The part that annoys me is the complete obtuse view on things. Everything is looking down a tunnel, taking no care for what the reality of the situation is. Then they turn around and blast the program they love. All the while it’s year freaking 2 of the Archie era. It’s not like Crean when he had been here for 6 years, it’s year 2. We started 4 underclassmen and people wonder why we start slow, are inconsistent, lack motivation. Growing pains people. Growing pains. 

Stop it.  The 5% of people who don't pump sunshine into the situation no matter what post more than half of the rest?  Lol.  Stop it.  This board is overwhelmingly pumpers who will create optimism down their tunnel no matter what the reality of the situation is.  

If you can't handle an opinion that's opposite of the groupthink here, then you need thicker skin.

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe if a family member of a recruit is hired by the program it has to be at the assistant level or higher (head coach) to reduce the possibility of paying a recruits family member for their commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol NCAA is super serious about that lol. 

Anyway perhaps we should hire somebody maybe somebody named Tristian Crawford. Goes by his nickname Christian though 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe if a family member of a recruit is hired by the program it has to be at the assistant level or higher (head coach) to reduce the possibility of paying a recruits family member for their commitment.

Does that hold true if the family member is a former player at that institution?

51 minutes ago, Josh said:

Stop it.  The 5% of people who don't pump sunshine into the situation no matter what post more than half of the rest?  Lol.  Stop it.  This board is overwhelmingly pumpers who will create optimism down their tunnel no matter what the reality of the situation is.  

If you can't handle an opinion that's opposite of the groupthink here, then you need thicker skin.

My skin is plenty thick. Funny how I present facts and it usually shuts down the negative few. Then they pop back up in another thread with the same argument I shot down previously. Think of the thousands of members on this board, and only a small % actually post. So yes, the 5% do post more than 50% of all posters. 

Facts remain that we had youth, injuries, and chemistry issues.So let’s blast the coaches and talk doom and gloom because we didn’t make the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament. 

We still almost made the NCAA’s in year 2. Won more games than year 1, upward trajectory. Just stacked back to back classes, upward trajectory. Found our PG for the next 3 years, upward trajectory. 

Room for improvement? Absolutely. Time to panic? Hell no. Say we lost momentum? Hell no. The foundation has been set. Experience was gained. Nothing wrong with being positive right now. If the negatives don’t like it or think they are getting shouted down, get thicker skin. 

I never called you annoying.  What in the world?  Your tunnel produces funny results.

Reading between the lines is difficult on screen. I get it.

Anyway, I feel we have a better chance at Watford right now than we’ve had in a while. If we had no chance, the Watfords wouldn’t open the door for Miller and Co. Some may say it’s a courtesy given the Hoosier alumnus in the family, but they don't owe anyone that, especially Archie. If it were the same staff that had coached Christian I'd be much more concerned the visit was nothing but a courtesy. Obviously we're in consideration. When Hurt commits to Duke, we'll be even more in consideration. I don't think the Will Wade reinstatement changes things unless he wants to play for a now-exposed tool shed. Call me a sunshine pumper.

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

My skin is plenty thick. Funny how I present facts and it usually shuts down the negative few. Then they pop back up in another thread with the same argument I shot down previously. Think of the thousands of members on this board, and only a small % actually post. So yes, the 5% do post more than 50% of all posters. 

Facts remain that we had youth, injuries, and chemistry issues.So let’s blast the coaches and talk doom and gloom because we didn’t make the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament. 

We still almost made the NCAA’s in year 2. Won more games than year 1, upward trajectory. Just stacked back to back classes, upward trajectory. Found our PG for the next 3 years, upward trajectory. 

Room for improvement? Absolutely. Time to panic? Hell no. Say we lost momentum? Hell no. The foundation has been set. Experience was gained. Nothing wrong with being positive right now. If the negatives don’t like it or think they are getting shouted down, get thicker skin. 

Are these facts like you claim?  Or opinions?

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Reading between the lines is difficult on screen. I get it.

Anyway, I feel we have a better chance at Watford right now than we’ve had in a while. If we had no chance, the Watfords wouldn’t open the door for Miller and Co. Some may say it’s a courtesy given the Hoosier alumnus in the family, but they don't owe anyone that, especially Archie. If it were the same staff that had coached Christian I'd be much more concerned the visit was nothing but a courtesy. Obviously we're in consideration. When Hurt commits to Duke, we'll be even more in consideration. I don't think the Will Wade reinstatement changes things unless he wants to play for a now-exposed tool shed. Call me a sunshine pumper.

Nothing wrong with that second part.  I agree with it.  I don't think you're seeing my point at all.

Come to IU T Wat!

Hurt cancelled his Kansas and Kentucky in-home visit today. Probably going to duke. I don’t see Trendon going there if that’s the case

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Really good fit for his game imo. He will be a fun one to watch next year. Once he gets in his weight training program I think his game really goes to the next level. For Watford it feels like Memphis, but more of an opening than in prior months.