Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I am guessing there was some major paraphrasing.

Why? Did you listen to the same segment? Curious of your take on it then...

2 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

why would Archie be doing an in-home on Sunday if "he's not going to Indiana"???

I agree. Memphis media come across as very arrogant in regards to the basketball team. As @Fkfootball1 said above, they are some of the biggest homers. Gary Parrish is even worse on his show.

46 minutes ago, BH33 said:

I live in Memphis and was just listening to 92.9FM sports radio. Watford played in an All-Star game in Memphis last night and was interviewed by one of the radio show hosts. Here are a couple paraphrased comments:

LSU - no way. Complete rebuild

Alabama - Hosts said Trendon told them he didn't have a good relationship with them.

Duke - If Hurt chooses them, then no. They think if Hurt goes elsewhere, he gets the scholarship offer.

Indiana - Immediately said "he's not going to Indiana." Completely dismissed IU. No real reason why though. Christian was supposedly on the show yesterday (92.9 FM Jason & John Show)

Memphis - came to conclusion as Memphis will be choice based upon how they described each above.

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Article/Jeffries-confident-Tigers-will-land-Watford-and-Quinones-131135027/

appreciate you posting this, at least it gives us something to talk about.

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

Romeo slept with Watford's girlfriend.....

why can't i figure out this access control stuff.....Romeo slept with my trainer

why can't i go home early.....Romeo slept with my boss

why do the Knicks suck so bad......Romeo slept with the front office

why, why, why.......Romeo slept with somebody

46 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Why? Did you listen to the same segment? Curious of your take on it then...

I didn't listen to it but what recruit has a final 5 only to interview with someone saying how 3 were awful choices and another was only an option if someone else didn't choose them.

Why would Alabama be in his final 5 if he doesn't have a good relationship with them?

Why would LSU be in the final 5 if they were no way

Indiana would only make a little sense if we were just listed as a courtesy to his brother.

So either Trendon is a silent verbal to Memphis and just filled up his final 5 for the fun of it or the Memphis guy isn't getting the story straight.

10 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I didn't listen to it but what recruit has a final 5 only to interview with someone saying how 3 were awful choices and another was only an option if someone else didn't choose them.

Why would Alabama be in his final 5 if he doesn't have a good relationship with them?

Indiana would only make a little sense if we were just listed as a courtesy to his brother.

So either Trendon is a silent verbal to Memphis and just filled up his final 5 for the fun of it or the Memphis guy isn't getting the story straight.

There is a basis for their conclusions, especially those about Bama and LSU:

Why would Alabama be in his final 5 if he doesn't have a good relationship with them? New coaching staff as of this month - he had a relationship with the Avery Johnson staff, not this new one.

Why would LSU be in the final 5 if they were no way? Put them there before the entire program, and especially the coach was blown up.

He's not going to Indiana. Widely thought to be true, but with Bama and LSU fading, and Duke potentially getting Hurt to add to a whole lot of stretch fours, we've got a puncher's chance and Archie will devote appropriate effort.

6 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

A lot has happened since Trendon named his Top 4... Duke has now entered the mix, albeit with no offer, making it a Top 5.

LSU - Will Wade suspended + majority of key players entering the Draft

Alabama - fired Avery Johnson, leaving Watfords to build relationship with new coaching staff.

Indiana has remained in the picture, but always unsure of exactly how far in we are. We'll know more after the in-home on Sunday.

It was on a Memphis radio show, so very one-sided. I've provided this as discussion and an example of how one of the competing schools' media markets views this recruitment.

I’d say it’s Dook and Memphis, then IU with an outside shot (even less than our percentage from deep this past season) and then Bama and LSU. I think there’s reasons outside of the “his brother was a great at IU” that has us in a distant third.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fwiw. Crystal balls going to Memphis.

To me it’s highest chance unless Duke pushes really hard.

He’s good, really good.

Romeo has me a bit gun shy,regarding how that whole thing went.

Maybe have 2 freshman getting starting minutes is better for chemistry than one.

So long as others’ girlfriends are left alone.

Fwiw. Crystal balls going to Memphis.

To me it’s highest chance unless Duke pushes really hard.

He’s good, really good.

Romeo has me a bit gun shy,regarding how that whole thing went.

Maybe have 2 freshman getting starting minutes is better for chemistry than one.

So long as others’ girlfriends are left alone.

Agreed. I would go with Memphis and him being hopeful Duke is a legit option.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Archie has an in-home with Trendon today. Christian plans on being there. It sounds like Memphis is the team to beat. However, IU was the team to beat with Keion. I think it is a big deal IU has an in-home. Let's hope Archie knocks it out of the park. 

Six days before decision day. 

Five days before Hurt commits- hopefully to Duke.

Would be a helluva nice surprise.

So I just started thinking why would IU have an in home at the last minute when things seemed to be pointing away from IU all along. Here is what I came up with.

Duke is getting Hurt.

LSU is a no go.

Alabama has Kira Lewis who will be the guy there.

Memphis he will be playing in the shadow of Wiseman who is the hometown hero.

IU just lost Romeo to the NBA.

IU is the only school that he would get the chance to be the face of the program from a scoring standpoint. With Green, Rob and others helping along the way.