Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I found it funny that on the McD’s AA scrimmage, Trendon was listed as considering UCF, Miss State, and Auburn among the others he’s actually considering. (The list didn’t include Indiana for whatever that’s worth (nothing))

Kira Lewis not being at Bama has got to help Trendon Watford not want to be at Bama.

Kira Lewis at Indiana would have to help Trendon Watford want to be at Indiana 

Kira Lewis and Trendon Watford at Indiana wouldn’t help Indiana unless Kira Lewis and Trendon Watford hated losing while wearing the Indiana uniform. Ditto for any other player that wears the uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Kira Lewis and Trendon Watford at Indiana wouldn’t help Indiana unless Kira Lewis and Trendon Watford hated losing while wearing the Indiana uniform. Ditto for any other player that wears the uniform.

I second this. Sick of the days where we won more than we lost, and when we lost it was considered unacceptable by not only the fans but the coaches and players. I'm afraid competitive fire is a dying trait in kids these days, but there are still plenty out there. It's just going to take some harder recruiting and better scouting to find them. Rankings are only numbers, and where the kid plays HS ball has no merit on their passion for the game. Find winners and kids who play their hearts out and everything works itself out. The AJ Moye's, the DJ White's, and the Victor Oladipo's. They had pride in playing for IU and came ready for war every game. We've got to get back to that again.

10 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I second this. Sick of the days where we won more than we lost, and when we lost it was considered unacceptable by not only the fans but the coaches and players. I'm afraid competitive fire is a dying trait in kids these days, but there are still plenty out there. It's just going to take some harder recruiting and better scouting to find them. Rankings are only numbers, and where the kid plays HS ball has no merit on their passion for the game. Find winners and kids who play their hearts out and everything works itself out. The AJ Moye's, the DJ White's, and the Victor Oladipo's. They had pride in playing for IU and came ready for war every game. We've got to get back to that again.

I agree about the competitive fire and the need for good scouting & recruiting.  There will be players from Indiana that possess that demeanor, and we need to prioritize them.  There will also be years when there are no such players in state and/or none that have the size or skills we need so we have to always be working and looking beyond the state borders.  It's always been this way and many of our best players over the past several decades have been from outside Indiana (on teams that had plenty of Indiana natives).

IU never led! The family was just being courteous to the fan base and state. IU never had a chance once he got under the direction of Jaren Jackson. No hope to get a LA Lu player with him being there.

This is just factually wrong.

Well if saying that makes you feel better, then ok! I can tell you this, the school that was chosen was not the kids top choice! Just telling you IU never had a chance.

Sorry you are wrong on that. You said we never led. That is factually wrong. Yeah that made me feel better.

1 hour ago, RealIU said:

Well if saying that makes you feel better, then ok! I can tell you this, the school that was chosen was not the kids top choice! Just telling you IU never had a chance.

So,,,,, Keion wanted MSU?

Are you watching his game? Is he more athletic than his brother?

Honestly I think they are similar there or not much different one way or the other. I think Trendon mixes it up more than CWat did. Especially at that age.

Trendon a little more of a wing player than Christian.

I think Trendon handles the ball better.

Could be a stretch 4 with ball handling ability.

Can’t wait to watch Matthew Hurt in college. I hope he goes to a place that will showcase him.

McDAA games not made for TJD, Zeller, Hurt types.

Fast, athletic guys excel in these games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners