Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Thanks Usps;
I’ll pull the IU quote from Trendon out of that article

“He may visit Indiana Feb. 26 for the Wisconsin game.

"I might be able to catch the Wisconsin game when they play Wisconsin at home," he said.

"Obviously, my brother [Christian] played there so it's a big legacy there," he said. "I like Coach Archie Miller and he just got a top recruit, Trayce Jackson-Davis. [Jackson-Davis] texts me every day."

TJD on the recruiting trail with Brooks and Watford. I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That article in its entirety seemed heavily leaning towards Memphis, like many of his other interviews.  He has been in Bloomington more than almost any other recruit, but Hardaway seems to be a major factor for him.  

It is nice to hear TJD is talking with him.  I think he needs to get on "the horn" with Matthew Hurt as well.  More than anything, I want TJD to spend Christmas with Brooks and wrap a bunch of Indiana gear to offer as gifts to the entire Brooks family.

Edited by ray

Notes from Corey Evans on a number of different players and their recruitment at:  

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-indiana-north-carolina-pitt-atlantic-10

Specifically as to Brooks and Watford - 

The important word here is ‘take’ because Archie Miller would love nothing more than to add both Keion Brooks and Trendon Watford. Two more five-stars to go along with another in Trayce Jackson-Davis? Hoosier Nation would be celebrating all across the state.

Now, what are the chances of this happening? Minimal at best. We broke down the recruitment of Watford on Friday as he cut his list to four with the Hoosiers making the list. They will host him for his final official visit, which could definitely help, but Alabama and Memphis may have the upper-hand in this one.

With Brooks, I like where the Hoosiers sit with the in-state star. He is down to a final six but Kentucky and North Carolina seem to be Indiana's primary competition. Brooks is not too far off from making a commitment and it would not be surprising at all if he joined the Hoosiers.

So our chances with Watford have gone from no chance to deciding which player will transfer when he commits to IU?

I’m not an expert and have zero sources on this but I highly doubt Watford plays in the cream and crimson of IU. There would have had to be a huge shift for that to happen.

It would be nice to have the attention of Hoosier nation when he eventually announces though...
1) Memphis
2) Alabama
3/4) Indiana/LSU

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Yeah i thought we were totally out of it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Have you seen both Trendon and KBJ play in person USPS? If so, who would be the better get?

While I haven't seen them in person, I would much much rather have KB if I had to choose one. I think KB and TJD have a chemistry that will make an effect day one and their relationship could build a team greater than that of Trendon and TJD. Just a thought, either one would be a really good pick up though. 

4 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Have you seen both Trendon and KBJ play in person USPS? If so, who would be the better get?

I have seen them both play, and originally I really like Watford more, but Brooks has improved a lot since he first I saw of him and his shooting ability is looking really good now so I would prefer Brooks now 

Yeah both are great. I think Watford may be a little more of a volume shooter.

KB has really improved his outside shot. KB vastly improved over the last year.

Chemistry is strong with TJD and KB.

Watford is a great pickup but I hedge to KB a little.

Both having strong starts to Senior year.

Both have pretty good handles for their size.

Not sure on rebounding but I think Watford gets more rebounds

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

48 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I have seen them both play, and originally I really like Watford more, but Brooks has improved a lot since he first I saw of him and his shooting ability is looking really good now so I would prefer Brooks now 

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

While I haven't seen them in person, I would much much rather have KB if I had to choose one. I think KB and TJD have a chemistry that will make an effect day one and their relationship could build a team greater than that of Trendon and TJD. Just a thought, either one would be a really good pick up though. 

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah both are great. I think Watford may be a little more of a volume shooter.

KB has really improved his outside shot. KB vastly improved over the last year.

Chemistry is strong with TJD and KB.

Watford is a great pickup but I hedge to KB a little.

Both having strong starts to Senior year.

Both have pretty good handles for their size.

Not sure on rebounding but I think Watford gets more rebounds

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thanks

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah I’ve seen them both play in person at Westfield the last 2 years. I will start out by saying getting either one of them is huge. Both are 5 stars for a reason. I personally would take brooks. Again that’s not saying Watford isn’t good I feel Brooks will be the better player down the road. Watford struggled each year I watched him up there. He was on a team with Vernon Carey and Iggy the freshman from Michigan this year. At the time Watford was playing up a grade but he didn’t really do anything that separated himself. And again this year he had a bad couple days and his team lost each game I watched. Although he struggled you can see the talent. For his size he can really shoot it and he is crafty under the basket. The reason I would take Brooks his that brooks plays above the rim and has elite athleticism. Watford plays below the rim im not saying he isn’t athletic just no where near Brooks. Brooks also has closed the gap on shooting between the 2. Watford was a way better shooter a couple years ago now that’s not the case. Watford still might be the better shooter but not by a wide margin. Also Brooks and TJD together this year on the AAU circuit and their chemistry was undeniable. I was watching one of their games with Rabjohns and they had a sequence where they played the high-low game to perfection. Both kind of looked at each other and said wow looks like they complement each other. Before that people wondered how they would play together and they killed it all year. If you wanted to look it up in the old April Evaluations thread from the last 2 years I’m sure I wrote about what I saw if u were interested. Personal Preference is Brooks but Watford is a heck of player also

Thank you.

In a head scratcher in a semifinal game in the City of Palms Classic, Mountainbrook was beaten by McEachern 50-29.  MB scored 9 pts. in the 1st Q and only 4 pts. in quarters 2 & 3 and 12 in the 4th.  Watford with 4 pts. on 1-7 FG; 2-4 FT; 10 reb; 1 asst; 3 TO.  As a team MB was jusgt 26% from the field.

In a head scratcher in a semifinal game in the City of Palms Classic, Mountainbrook was beaten by McEachern 50-29.  MB scored 9 pts. in the 1st Q and only 4 pts. in quarters 2 & 3 and 12 in the 4th.  Watford with 4 pts. on 1-7 FG; 2-4 FT; 10 reb; 1 asst; 3 TO.  As a team MB was jusgt 26% from the field.

Woof!

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coaching nightmare. Hopefully, they don't have a long break before they play the next game. That's one TW and team wants to leave in the past.