Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I get that argument, but I would be shocked if pro teams aren't already aware of these kids and what they can do. I could see that thought process being more valid for kids who are borderline NBA prospects and need somewhere that fits their skill set the best.

Building your brand isn’t about coaches it’s about becoming a household name. Duke does this instantly for kids. 

And showcasing your skills allows you to show what you improve on after the AAU days till the draft. Certain players while very good don’t look good in certain systems. Look at Max B for example. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Building your brand isn’t about coaches it’s about becoming a household name. Duke does this instantly for kids. 

And showcasing your skills allows you to show what you improve on after the AAU days till the draft. Certain players while very good don’t look good in certain systems. Look at Max B for example. 

I certainly understand your point and it may be spot on, but I just don't think that aspect is as important as it's made out to be. Admittedly, I'm an old guy so there may be some generational issues with how I view things like this. Maybe in the end, agree to disagree a little bit on this.

Wow....so within 3 hours you have an article that says spring decision and a tweet that says he is nearing a commitment to Memphis! Someone has their story mixed up. Just not sure which one lol!

The Penny Hardaway and Mike Miller effect. We played in the league a long time and can get you there as well. I bet this is the start of something that lands a lot of big time recruits. 

Soon it will be “I’m Archie Miller and I’m the BA that put Indiana on top. Play Hoosier basketball and we’ll get you where you want to go.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow. I thought we were going to have a stud clsss. Starting to get worried.

The Penny Hardaway and Mike Miller effect. We played in the league a long time and can get you there as well. I bet this is the start of something that lands a lot of big time recruits. 

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Would not want to be a college coach trying to put together a team and have to cater to these kids. I understand it's a big decision but it shouldn't take into the spring to know where a kid wants to go under normal circumstances. This is especially true for kids who want to be a one or two year college rental with no real interest in a degree.

It took me until the spring to decide where I was going to college, and I wasn't even offered a spot on the basketball team...

35 minutes ago, Zach said:

Wow....so within 3 hours you have an article that says spring decision and a tweet that says he is nearing a commitment to Memphis! Someone has their story mixed up. Just not sure which one lol!

Don't forget he is now open to UCLA and USC.

We honestly aren’t in a scenario like that. Let me be the voice of reason.

Nothing has happened except missing Carton, who was a long shot to begin with. Missing TJD can be manageable as well. As I said yesterday, it’s way too early to worry.

The Watford news isn’t news. If you read tea leaves, the Watford recruitment appears to be a tricky one. Never really expected this one.

Our homerun hopes are Stewart, TJD, Hurt, Brooks and maybe Nnaji.

Our other options are strong players thus far. We return Green, Phinisee, Hunter, and Smith and others.

We may not land 3 5 stars but it will be an excellent class. I confidently expect it.

A voice of reason! Relax people

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guys about 9 months ago we weren’t even talking to Watford, then we stopped talking to him again for reasons that have been hinted at, and now he’s flirting with Memphis, FSU, Alabama, LSU, and... Indiana? Hmmm...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think it’s flipped. It’s especially important for the kids with one or two years to sell themselves to know as much about what’s going on at these schools by waiting till the spring when coaching and roster decisions will be more clear.

I agree with you completely.