Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I bet he still haves dreams about it but with him as the shooter. He felt that special electricity that night. One of the best moments of the year in all of basketball. Oh, he loves him some IU!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

In all of sports I'd say. Although I am biased of course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

From Trendon’s visit to Bloomington in September 2017. Quote from Papa Watford:
“Every kid wants to go in and go to a Final Four, win a championship. That’s big for us. It’s important to have good pieces on your team.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why are people liking this? What does it mean to you that you like? I don’t take that comment as a good thing for Archie or IU given zero final fours since 2002 and we currently don’t have any elite talent sans maybe Juwan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why are people liking this? What does it mean to you that you like? I don’t take that comment as a good thing for Archie or IU given zero final fours since 2002 and we currently don’t have any elite talent sans maybe Juwan

Maybe because IU has a history of getting to Final Fours and winning championships.  We got there with Branch McCracken, we got there with Bob Knight, and we even got there with Mike Davis and we can get there with Archie.

Maybe because IU has a history of getting to Final Fours and winning championships.  We got there with Branch McCracken, we got there with Bob Knight, and we even got there with Mike Davis and we can get there with Archie.

To me you are talking about tradition. These are all events that took place before the kid was even born. When he says pieces and final fours, he’s talking about now and IU is not positioned well to go to a final four, at least not yet. Most on here have been talking about this being a 3 year rebuild

Does Alabama have an elite basketball tradition? Will we ever get a five star player again in your world? Should we just fold the program?

This is a little bit out there/extreme in relation to my post...

Anyway, I like comments like “he gets the most out of his players” “knows how to develop wings” etc over NBA or Championship talk.

Archie has never been to a final four, IU hasn’t been there in 16 years and Archie has never sent anyone to the nba. So, when a five star kid wants these things beyond anything else, there are a lot of schools that can offer a better track record or resume of these things than IU. and Archie.

It doesn’t mean we can’t get there, I just don’t read his comments and think “that sounds great for IU”

Just now, MemphisHoosier said:

Zags put out a quick write up of the CAM visit, nothing ground breaking...but nice perspective from a national guy.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/08/trendon-watford-has-amazing-home-visit-with-indiana-more-visits-coming/

Yes, the perspective is nice but I wonder about the accuracy of the statement attributed to Trendon's father:  “He spoke about the solid guys who are returning, and his upcoming 2018 signees. He thinks he’s real close on Romeo Langford, who we feel like will be game-changer (early) for Archie and the program. 

I know coaches can't publicly comment on recruits until they're officially signed, but can they make those kinds of comments to another potential recruit in a one-on-one private setting?  

Yes, the perspective is nice but I wonder about the accuracy of the statement attributed to Trendon's father:  “He spoke about the solid guys who are returning, and his upcoming 2018 signees. He thinks he’s real close on Romeo Langford, who we feel like will be game-changer (early) for Archie and the program. 
I know coaches can't publicly comment on recruits until they're officially signed, but can they make those kinds of comments to another potential recruit in a one-on-one private setting?  

If he’s using these claims to other recruits and then missing on them that will ultimately be a terrible look. Here’s to hoping there aren’t lasting ramifications to these efforts.

Yes they can they just can’t speak about an unsigned recruit publicly

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

With those other programs listed I just don't see how this recruitment is clean. 

Not every kid who goes to these programs are dirty, same with UL, UK, and Duke. 

After watching more and more video of Watford and Brooks. We could for sure take those two and TJD and make it work. Watford is a college 4, Brooks could be a 3 with some fine tuning, the 2 guard however would really need to be a good shooter for floor spacing purposes. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Maybe so but when all of them are involved it's awfully suspicious. 

IU and Vandy have no prior incidents or allegations of cheating. 

Nevermind.. thought I was in the Romeo thread. 

Let's be clear.. were you talking about Watford or Langford?