Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Disappointing or Overhyped Team So Far?

Disappointing, and we can all thank Doug Mallory.

We scored 49 against Michigan, that should be enough to win nearly any game.  Despite some offensive struggles we still scored 39 against Minnesota and that should be enough to win several games.  Yet both were losses because the defense couldn't stop a pop warner team.

I'd say disappointing.  I don't think anyone was really hyping this team expect a handful of IU fans.  (Guilty as charged).  The schedule set up so well and we have not taken advantage of that. 

I agree with JS, we're scoring enough to win but the defense is letting us down, and I put that on the coaching and not the players.  They may not be all B1G caliber players, but I don't think they're being put in positions to be successful.  

Major disappointment. Offensively they were good enough to win 7-9 games this year but the lack of any improvement on the defensive side of the ball is an embarrassment. You have athletic talent, at some point you have to look at the defensive coaches and the overall defensive scheme and accept it is NOT working and thus make changes. Another promising season goes by once again with hopes crushed...honestly it gets harder every year to believe they will ever get over the hump...and I am not talking about playing for a national championship, I am talking about consistently getting to a bowl game. At this point holding any FBS team under 35 points would be a moral victory.

FRIGGING DISSAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST HOPE WE CAN FRIGGING BEAT PURDONT SO WE DONT GET WILSON FIRED!

Wilson shouldn't be fired.  Mallory on the other hand should be a sacrificial lamb the very moment the season ends.

A little bit of both. I honestly was thinking it would be possible to have a 8-9 win season at the beginning. Yet, we are way better than we have shown, the coaching is just awful. No one on the staff has a clue how to manage the clock or call plays. Mallory needs to be fired, I think he already should have been. We also need to stick with one quarterback. Wilson has no clue what momentum is. Changing quarterbacks randomly in the middle of the game is an awful idea and why he keeps doing I don't know. I think we were overhyped but only by Indiana fans. At the same time we didn't play up to our ability.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A little bit of both. I honestly was thinking it would be possible to have a 8-9 win season at the beginning. Yet, we are way better than we have shown, the coaching is just awful. No one on the staff has a clue how to manage the clock or call plays. Mallory needs to be fired, I think he already should have been. We also need to stick with one quarterback. Wilson has no clue what momentum is. Changing quarterbacks randomly in the middle of the game is an awful idea and why he keeps doing I don't know. I think we were overhyped but only by Indiana fans. At the same time we didn't play up to our ability.

I think most of us can agree that normally the quarterback change is needed. Like last game, Tre obviously wasn't getting much done, so going to Nate gave us renewed life. It's a luxury to have two starting-caliber quarterbacks, so Wilson can change whenever he needs to. I love that we have depth at that position and that Wilson is willing to make a change (sometimes too late).

I think most of us can agree that normally the quarterback change is needed. Like last game, Tre obviously wasn't getting much done, so going to Nate gave us renewed life. It's a luxury to have two starting-caliber quarterbacks, so Wilson can change whenever he needs to. I love that we have depth at that position and that Wilson is willing to make a change (sometimes too late).

Yes, that's why I said randomly. I'm fine with it when the quarterback isn't getting the job done but if, say Nate is in, and he drives us deep in the red zone, he'll put Tre in at an unneeded time. I know it's usually just for him to run but it messes up chemistry with the offense.
Even when they aren't getting the job done, in some cases it could be worse to do the quarterback change because it's such a big adjustment for the whole offense to readjust to a new quarterback in the middle of the game. Lucky that hasn't been too big of a problem so far but I don't want it to happen in a crucial time.

Disappointed. There is no reason for the Minnesota loss. I had high hopes, considering the offense was able to crack OSU's defense and cause them to give up 49 points last season. Silly mistakes have caused some very disappointing losses.

Disappointed. There is no reason for the Minnesota loss. I had high hopes, considering the offense was able to crack OSU's defense and cause them to give up 49 points last season. Silly mistakes have caused some very disappointing losses.

If by "silly mistakes" you mean "not firing Doug Mallory", then I agree completely that silly mistakes have caused disappointing losses.