Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

IU vs Minny post game thoughts

Dear coaching staff,

The defense has not shown any progression from week to week, and can't even tackle.  Those two facts along with his own track record being awful leads to one obvious conclusion:  FIRE DOUG MALLORY!  DO IT NOW!

Sincerely,

JSHoosier

Hard loss.  If our defense was as good as our offense we would be top 25 ranked.  When was the last time we were ranked?  Kind of late in the season to make any type coaching changes.  We'll have to see what happens in the off season.

Constructive?  Well we can only get better on Defense, can't get worse....................I guess thats constructive..........

Damn I'm glad its basketball season................ :crazy:  :crazy: :crazy:  

"Can't get worse?  Challenge accepted."-  Doug Mallory

Obviously the big problem is the defense, but I have one thing driving me nuts about our offense right now.  Could we please get the QB right from the beginning of the game?  It seems like if we start Tre he struggles and the we bring in Nate and make a mad rush to catch up.  If we start Nate, it's the same story, we're playing catch up.  

Like I said, I know the defense is the problem, but if we have the QB situation right from the beginning maybe we get one more score which wins us the game.  

I still believe Wilson is the right guy going forward, but Mallory has to go.  If Wilson stubbornly stick by Mallory, then my opinion on Wilson's future might change.  I wish they would have made a move over the bye week.  

I really am scared to see how many points O$U will drop on us.  They have to keep winning big to try to impress voters to move up.  That could get real  ugly real fast.  

One thing that drives me nuts is how fast we push our offense. If our defense is that bad then we need to keep our defense on the sidelines as much as possible not do the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Obviously the big problem is the defense, but I have one thing driving me nuts about our offense right now. Could we please get the QB right from the beginning of the game? It seems like if we start Tre he struggles and the we bring in Nate and make a mad rush to catch up. If we start Nate, it's the same story, we're playing catch up.

Like I said, I know the defense is the problem, but if we have the QB situation right from the beginning maybe we get one more score which wins us the game.

I still believe Wilson is the right guy going forward, but Mallory has to go. If Wilson stubbornly stick by Mallory, then my opinion on Wilson's future might change. I wish they would have made a move over the bye week.

I really am scared to see how many points O$U will drop on us. They have to keep winning big to try to impress voters to move up. That could get real ugly real fast.

So we should start Coffman and get the lead early right?

SENT FROM MY

BRAAAAAAAIIIIIIN

Defense was terrible in spurts.  Those last two plays on offense completely baffled me.  We have 3 timeouts, and 40 seconds.  First play is an out to the pylon, and we put it at the pylon, giving the corner a chance to undercut the throw and pick it.  Did he learn his lesson on risky plays?  Nope.  Second play might go down as the worst call on offense in that situation I have ever seen.  Only bad things could happen from where we were and the situation we were in.  Why not run one time with the 3 timeouts?  A draw play.  That team was dropping back to the end zone on the snap.  To me, that game may have been as frustrating as the loss at Illinois in basketball last season, or the loss at Nebraska two seasons ago.  Sorry, not too many losses on the football side of things that shock me.