Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Larry Crisler to IUBASE

Welcome Aboard!

Larry Crisler doesn't want the next step in his baseball career to be handed to him.

So when Indiana University offered him a scholarship, but told him he'd have to work for every opportunity, it sounded like exactly the right fit.

"I just liked the challenge that came with it," the Bishop Noll senior said. "When I started with Dave (Griffin) at Playmakers, I wasn't going to be the best and that's why I wanted to play there.

"I just liked that (the Hoosiers) said I'd have to work for everything. That will make me work harder. Nothing is given me."

The outfielder hit .467 for the Warriors last season, with 15 doubles, 50 runs and 35 stolen bases. He spends his winter months on the basketball team, where he averaged 19.1 points and 8.7 rebounds as a junior.

Indiana's baseball team is coming off of its first appearance in the College World Series, a perk that Crisler called "just a bonus."

Crisler, who wants to major in a subject that will keep him hands-on in sports, said he had narrowed his choices to Wright State, Purdue and Indiana. The early signing period for baseball begins Nov. 13.

"I wanted to make sure to get (the commitment) out of the way now," Crisler said. "From the first time I went there, I felt very comfortable."

Link