Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

IU vs Minny Game Thread

And my quickly thought out math failed, if IU makes either PAT, they play it safe there and kick the FG, and win the game. They should have made damn sure to not lateral it down there anyway. Really tough to see a bowl here now.

I was okay with the first 2 pt attempt, it would've tied the game.  I would've gone for the PAT the second time though.

I hate the lateral call.  Why the hell did Coleman give up on it?  It wasn't a good pass, but he could've covered it.

Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Dough Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.  Fire Doug Mallory.

I was okay with the first 2 pt attempt, it would've tied the game.  I would've gone for the PAT the second time though.

I hate the lateral call.  Why the hell did Coleman give up on it?  It wasn't a good pass, but he could've covered it.

I'd have to see it again, but did he ever even get his head turned around on it? I thought it hit him in the back and that he probably never even realized the pass direction.

I'd have to see it again, but did he ever even get his head turned around on it? I thought it hit him in the back and that he probably never even realized the pass direction.

It hit him in his hands.

After he got up all he did was stand there, even though the ball was right there at his feet.

I think Coleman gave up on it because he thought it was a forward pass. We've run that play a couple times and it was a little swing pass. Either Nate didn't drop deep enough or Tevin got too flat in the route. I'm leaning towards Nate because it was behind TC anyway. If he leads him by about a yard, he walks into the endzone, that whole side of the field was cleared out, except for #21 and he had a bad angle.

Every single person I was wTching the game with yelled JUMP ON IT.... I know e couldn't have known it was backwards, but he should have atleast known to jump on it.

If you are dumb enough to run that play, you should at least tell your players, "hey this could be a backwards pass. Jump on it regardless of if you think it went backwards if you don't catch it."

The defense was bad again, but they were good enough to win today. This loss falls 100% on Wilson's shoulders for ever letting it get to that point. You kick the FG to go up by 5. Then when Minny scores the TD they will have to go for two. Regardless of that play, Indiana could have ended in the same position down by 3 if they convert the 2pt play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I yelled for him to jump on it too. My main point is I am fairly certain it was not a designed lateral, which people are tearing CKW to shreds for. Was it an unnecessary risky play? Yes. A monumentally stupid play call? No, because if executed properly we score or it's an incomplete pass.

Now, going for the 2 pt conversion the second time was unbelievably dumb. Can no one on the coaching staff count? Did they lose that little "when to go for 2" cheatsheet every other team seems to have?