Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

Devin Robinson and James Blackmon Set to Announce

Top Hoosier targets Devin Robinson and James Blackmon will announce their college choices this Wednesday and Thursday respectively. See Ranger's official predictions.Devin Robinson

2014 F Devin Robinson will announce his college decision this Wednesday. He's considering Oklahoma State, Indiana, Notre Dame, and Florida. He's taken officials to each school.

The late-bloomer burst onto the scene this past year, and Indiana ramped up their recruitment this summer.

Eric Bossi calls him "a big wing with loads of offensive ability." He also adds that Robinson needs strength and aggressiveness.

Ranger's Prediction

At one point, Indiana was the heavy favorite to land Robinson. Recently, rumors have swirled that he will be heading to Florida. The last ten picks on 247Sports' Crystal Ball are Florida, and the Gators hold 55% of the predictions.

Indiana has a lot of forwards, some arguably better than Robinson, and the Hoosiers just added F Max Hoetzel. Florida has more room for Robinson, and therefore present a better opportunity for immediate playing time. Couple that with the recent rumors and I predict Devin Robinson will be a Gator and choose Florida.

James Blackmon

Former Indiana commit James Blackmon will announce his decision on ESPNU Thursday. He will choose between Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky.

After Blackmon de-committed, he said Indiana still had a shot to land him. Although UK and UM are presumed favorites, Indiana does seem to still have a shot.

Blackmon is considered the best shooter in the 2014 class, and should be an elite scorer in college.

Ranger's Prediction

Ever since Blackmon de-committed, UK has been the heavy favorite to land him. 247Sports Crystal Ball is 98% Kentucky.

Recently, rumors have been brought up alluding that Blackmon may be souring on the Wildcats, while his Indiana visit went very well.

I said Blackmon would wind back up at IU this summer. Even though everything seems to point to Blackmon attending UK, I'm very stubborn. Purely a gut call: I predict James Blackmon will be a Hoosier.

Click here to view the article

do you have something you're not telling us? 

Come on...have you been paying attention? It sounds as if Devin Rob is 99% NOT coming to IU and James Blackmon was 99% not is 95% NOT coming to IU. Hope may be growing, but odds are a hangover is the only addition that happens in the next two days. 

I think if JBJ doesn't come to IU it will be 100% because of daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would put it 80% on dad and 20% friends.  

Players don't want to come here because of a perceived lack of playing time available... we must not be in that bad of shape.

I agree I don't want Crean promising playing time to kids, competition makes the whole team better

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would hate to see us lose JBJ to another B1G program, especially Michigan, if he doesn't choose IU, which I doubt he does after a de-commitment. Would love to have both Robinson and JBJ as Hoosiers, but seems we are loosing our luster with top recruits after a disappointing season like last year. Just have faith the CTC has something up his sleeve to boost next years current class.

Would hate to see us lose JBJ to another B1G program, especially Michigan, if he doesn't choose IU, which I doubt he does after a de-commitment. Would love to have both Robinson and JBJ as Hoosiers, but seems we are loosing our luster with top recruits after a disappointing season like last year. Just have faith the CTC has something up his sleeve to boost next years current class.

It's called playing time. Kids don't want to work for it. Kentucky had a terrible year and lost in the first round of the NIT. Hasn't hurt their recruiting any because Cal sends everyone packing after a year. These kids think they'll slide through one year of college then be a lottery pick and Cal is happy to tell them that.

Anybody know if Robinson's announcement is televised/streamed?

I haven't been able to find anything on it. I'm guessing no.

I don't think it's our bad ending to the season as much as it is our current roster. This freshman class this year is AMAZING and nobody really wants to say that. It would make me take a second look at a school if the recruiting class right before me was 6 deep and had some really talented multi year kids. I think that's what we are seeing here.

I don't think it's our bad ending to the season as much as it is our current roster. This freshman class this year is AMAZING and nobody really wants to say that. It would make me take a second look at a school if the recruiting class right before me was 6 deep and had some really talented multi year kids. I think that's what we are seeing here.

I agree. If you look at it most of the schools we're going up against had worse endings to their seasons. So I don't think that excuse really flies here.