Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) OT Trent Maynard

http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Trent-Maynard-Visits-Indiana-Hoosiers-174875

Indianapolis (Ind.) Decatur Central 2016 offensive lineman Trent Maynard could very well end up becoming a blue-chip recruit.

The in-state Hoosiers are off to a fast start with the 6-foot-5, 287-pound Maynard, who will be back in Bloomington on Sunday.

“If I talk to anybody the most it’d be Indiana,” Maynard said. “I love their offensive line coach. I like how they’re doing there. I have a great relationship with the recruiting coordinator.”

Holding an early offer from Cincinnati, Maynard is also attracting personal interest from Illinois, Iowa and Kentucky among others. This is a return trip to Indiana as Maynard visited for a game during the fall.

“When I went down there for their Homecoming against Minnesota I got to talk to their coaches about what I have to do this off season to get to where I need to be,” Maynard recapped.

The Hoosiers campus being roughly an hour away is another plus.

“I like that they’re close to home so my family will easily be able to get to the games and I have a few stepbrothers and stepsisters that go to IU and they tell me a lot great things about the academics,” Maynard said. “I look forward to learning more about IU.”

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1427930

Indiana offered one of the top rising juniors in their home state today when Decatur Central's Trent Maynard (6-4, 285) added the Hoosiers to an offer list that already includes Illinois and Cincinnati.

"It means a lot to me knowing that I've been there a few times," he said, "more than other colleges I've been to. I feel blessed and excited."

Having been there as much as he has, Maynard says he has gotten to know head coach Kevin Wilson and offensive line coach Greg Frey quite well.

"I love the staff. I definitely think they'll change things around. I know they haven't had the greatest seasons, but that will be changing. I love the offense they have. It's a top ten offense in the nation."

And an offense that will soon have Maynard's high school teammate Tommy Stevens at the controls. Stevens is one year older than Maynard, but the possibility that he could reunite with his quarterback one day is enticing.

"I told Tommy [about the IU offer]. He's excited. We'll get up there for me to get a better look at them, but I know he's excited. It would be crazy to block for him for four more years."