Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
RoadToZion

Postgame

Positives:

Yogi behind the arc.

Troy's overall game

Noah's Rebounding

Hanner looked a lot better out there

Jeremy looks like he's found his role on the squad. Looked better out there also. 

Negatives:

Turnovers

Free throws

For an exhibition game I wasn't expecting much. Looked pretty sloppy at times but you can see the potential is there. I'm excited to see Stan and Devin take the floor next game. 

Troy looked fantastic: disruptive on defense, very good passer, tremendous energy.

LOVED the change in Hanner; in control, and more athletic because of it.

Noah will not be able to be on the court in close games if he can't get better from the line.

Will had an off night and that's ok...of course he will be fine.

Austin was a steadying influence.

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 15m

Exhibition final: Indiana 83, Southern Indiana 68. Yogi Ferrell finishes with 20 points, Troy Williams with 10 points, 10 rebounds. #iubb

Justin Albers ‏@Justin_Albers 6m

Indiana outrebounded USI 54-36 tonight. Leaders: Vonleh 12, Williams 10, Mosquera-Perea 5, Gordon 5. #iubb

I second all the mentions to guys above, and I want to add one for Evan Gordon.  Having such a young team, it's going to be nice to have a guy with some experience we can throw out there off of the bench.  I was pleased with what he brought to the table tonight.  I'm sure he'll improve too as he gets more comfortable as the year goes on.  

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 15m
Exhibition final: Indiana 83, Southern Indiana 68. Yogi Ferrell finishes with 20 points, Troy Williams with 10 points, 10 rebounds. #iubb

Justin Albers ‏@Justin_Albers 6m
Indiana outrebounded USI 54-36 tonight. Leaders: Vonleh 12, Williams 10, Mosquera-Perea 5, Gordon 5. #iubb

Damn, I had Noah at 10.  He had a beast game!

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 16m

Indiana finishes with 1.07 points per possession, 48.5 effective field goal percentage. #iubb

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 13m

Other tempo-free numbers: 45.6 offensive rebounding percentage, 21.7 turnover percentage, free throw rate of 46.2. #iubb

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 16m
Indiana finishes with 1.07 points per possession, 48.5 effective field goal percentage. #iubb

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall 13m
Other tempo-free numbers: 45.6 offensive rebounding percentage, 21.7 turnover percentage, free throw rate of 46.2. #iubb

Yeah, those turnovers and free throw numbers will kill us against a good team.  That team was hitting shots all night.  On a typical night, the team isn't going to hit the shots they did against us.  They really hit a lot of jumpers.  We will be a better defensive team than offensive team.  

So in other words, you stopped counting when you ran out of fingers? Should have used your toes too.

Ha, I think they gave them some generous rebounds on certain possessions.  I was even further off with Troy and I followed him closely every possession.  Dude was just fun to watch cutting through screens and just working at both ends of the court.  

Good news is yogi looked great and seems to have gotten the green light. However they still look young, but that's to be expected.

Minimize turnovers and make free throws and we should stay in the top 25.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Multiple NBA players on this team right now.

Vonleh- 1-2 years

Williams - 2 years

Hollowell - 4 yr

Yogi - 4 (maybe, height will always make this hard)

Stan - 3-4 yr

Am I forgetting anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Need to see a more fluid offensive game from Jeremy before I am sold on his NBA potential. He does look more aggressive and engaged thus far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Need to see a more fluid offensive game from Jeremy before I am sold on his NBA potential. He does look more aggressive and engaged thus far this season.Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree 100% there. I think he can get there with the development of Crean. This will be a telling year based on his improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app