Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
chicagoHOOSIER

All rite! Another IU site!

CH, watch how you "spread the word" over there.. they will read your pm's and ban you if you post anything about this site.

Unfortunately this is true.  Never would have thought the people we trusted would stoop to this, but this is true.  Anybody who comes over here will probably have their personal PMs checked on their site unfortunately.  Some people you just don't know as well as you thought you knew.  I didn't want to get banned from there, because I have friends over there.  Hell, I got banned when I was at a concert when they found out from Jaybob we were leaving.  I even said as much then, but they didn't trust anyone who left because they are dealing with money.  I get that.  It is what it is.  CC sent me a long text explaining how hard it was to be put in the position they were left in and were left no choice.  They have their truth on why they did/do what they do, and we have ours.  We were tired of backing a community we didn't believe in.  We had voiced our displeasure for a while.  This opportunity came up and we wanted to get back to what was important.  We appreciated and said many times how much we appreciated CC for all that he did to build HSN.  I couldn't have done what he did, and he at the time built the best community possible.  I miss conversing with all of the "original mods" but this situation is better for us.  We truly believe in what we are building.  We aren't trying to sell people on a product to hit a monthly quota.  There is a reason everyone is selling the inside info hard, even though the same info can be found on twitter.  All of us mods just wanted a community, and not a hard sell.  The guys that built this site gave us that opportunity, and we couldn't be happier.  That is the honest truth from my perspective.  I wish that site nothing but the best.  I hope they get what they are there for, and that is money.  I know we have found what we are here for.  I know they will read this and discuss this.  I don't mean for this to be a parting shot.  I truly wish them well.  I hope they do the same for us.  

It's important to point out that it was the staff of 24/7 who did the deleting of the PM's, not the Mods (24/7 Mods had zero ability to do anything but be site police). What led up to those deletions is unknown but want to put that out there all the same.

. That is very true, and they probably never knew about it until after the fact.

I'm sure we will finally see some of the changes people were asking about. They didn't change them because #'s were the focus, not member satisfaction, now that #'s are now an issue, things will change, just to bolster #'s, still with little regard (I imagine) for member experience

I just like the "feel" here, I trust the posters and content. I felt the frustration of some mods coming thru over there. I still check over there, just as I check everywhere. I didn't have to deal w the behind the scenes stuff like the mods did, but this feels like home. I really like many of the mods/posters over there, would like to see a lot over here (they can keep cheapie tho, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like how I have to learn the nuances of a new board every year or so. It helps keep me young.

Thanks to all who do the work so I can simply click on the app and get instant good information. I remember back when in college we had these things called newspapers that kids delivered to your house. We had to wait until about 7 AM when the paper arrived to get any info. Now we get it instantly and I know there are a lot of people out there working hard like that paper carrier to make sure I get info.

For that I give a big thanks! Hopefully there are no long lasting hard feelings amongst the mods from both sites because they did a lot of good work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners