Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

I'm not in Btown, I'm closer to Evansville and still about an hour from there.

EDIT:  And I don't touch that p!$$ water known as Bud Light anyway.

So take a little drive! Its worth the trip to downtown B'town just for the restaurant selection. Craft beer bars are getting easier to find though. We have one here in Salem, and we're always 5-10 years behind the rest of the world.

Yep - the only time I'll drink domestic now is if I am tubing for 6 hours or something and I just want some watered down beer for the hydration on the river...Even then, there are some great craft, summer brews that do the same trick and tastes way better.

So take a little drive! Its worth the trip to downtown B'town just for the restaurant selection. Craft beer bars are getting easier to find though. We have one here in Salem, and we're always 5-10 years behind the rest of the world.

I know a couple places in Evansville that sell craft beers.  One of them stocks 3 Floyd, Bells, Founder, et al and currently advertising special pricing on Stone.  I don't know of any craft beer bars though.

I know a couple places in Evansville that sell craft beers.  One of them stocks 3 Floyd, Bells, Founder, et al and currently advertising special pricing on Stone.  I don't know of any craft beer bars though.

Ask for a craft beer in a lot of bars and they think Sam Adams or Rolling Rock qualifies. I like them both, but I wouldn't call them craft.

Ask for a craft beer in a lot of bars and they think Sam Adams or Rolling Rock qualifies. I like them both, but I wouldn't call them craft.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is alright.  I thought their Spring seasonal was alright too.  Boston Lager, I'm not sure on the first couple drinks were good then it seemed to go downhill from there.  Not sure I've ever tried Rolling Rock

Sam Adams Octoberfest is alright.  I thought their Spring seasonal was alright too.  Boston Lager, I'm not sure on the first couple drinks were good then it seemed to go downhill from there.  Not sure I've ever tried Rolling Rock

Pick up a 6 pack of RR. It may not be craft, but its a decent beer. Available about anywhere now, since Bud or Miller bought it.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="33420" timestamp="1391127366"]Yeah, I haven't really tried craft beers. Many of the liquor stores I've been too either don't have them or I'm going in for a certain beer and don't bother looking.

I want to try some though.[/quote]

It's a slippery slope when you start. $7 beers at home before you know it!

[quote name="HoosierReb01" post="34004" timestamp="1391216286"]412 is the wheat beer, right? I love Goose Island, but I hate wheat beer. Not sure if 412 is the one I remember though. Distributors quit carrying it here.[/quote]

412 is the wheat beer. It's just okay in my book.

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="34109" timestamp="1391268314"]If I had any go to beers, my top two are Miller Lite and Blue Moon (without the orange).

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Blue moon is top dog on my list I'm a sucker for a blue moon draft.

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="34109" timestamp="1391268314"]If I had any go to beers, my top two are Miller Lite and Blue Moon (without the orange).

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Miller lite actually tastes like piss to me. Blue moon I really enjoy with a. Big ol steak.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="34124" timestamp="1391269182"]Miller lite actually tastes like piss to me. Blue moon I really enjoy with a. Big ol steak.[/quote]

I made myself like Miller, which I do, because that's what the in-laws do. I enjoy just crackin one open with the father-in-law.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app