Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

On 7/26/2016 at 10:20 AM, mamasa said:

I'd recommend NOT trying Palate Wrecker from them- insanely bitter and hoppy! I love that style and it's almost too much !

I was out in San Diego for a conference last week and actually had time to visit some of the local breweries (Stone Tap Room, Half Door Brewing, Mission Brewery, Mike Hess Brewing) and one thing I noticed was how much they like their hops. Most of the breweries/restaurants carried mainly pale ales or ipa's and very few other beer styles. Don't get me wrong I love hops, but after four or five I will be pretty much done. I talked to one of the guys working at Mike Hess Brewing about the lack of variety and he said it was mainly because it's easy to get fresh hops from California and Oregon; which makes sense. Either way, I was not highly impressed by their beers and would put the Indiana craft breweries against San Diego's any day.

I really need to go for quality and not quantity. The other night I went through twenty-one bud lights while in a discussion on a non basketball forum. Yeah friggin politics! 

Ok I have tried and like Sun King products also Sam Adams. I never ever want to drink too much Sam Adams again! Horrible hangover!

I really need to go for quality and not quantity. The other night I went through twenty-one bud lights while in a discussion on a non basketball forum. Yeah friggin politics! 

Ok I have tried and like Sun King products also Sam Adams. I never ever want to drink too much Sam Adams again! Horrible hangover!

Oh that's too funny. I love trying all kinds of beer, helps me find new favorites. Like this one!

b1e3ca889743dacd0658cc403c25b6c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

19 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Oh that's too funny. I love trying all kinds of beer, helps me find new favorites. Like this one!

b1e3ca889743dacd0658cc403c25b6c9.jpg

Looks interesting. I have never seen that before. There is a pizza place in Evansville that has what they call their beer tour. I completed that a few years ago and drank a lot of different beers on the way....like three hundred or so and all those beers nothing really stood out. 

I did the Anheuser Busch tour a few years ago in St. Louis and it was an awesome time! That fresh beer is unbelievable! 

I do want to try more craft beer though.

Looks interesting. I have never seen that before. There is a pizza place in Evansville that has what they call their beer tour. I completed that a few years ago and drank a lot of different beers on the way....like three hundred or so and all those beers nothing really stood out. 

I did the Anheuser Busch tour a few years ago in St. Louis and it was an awesome time! That fresh beer is unbelievable! 

I do want to try more craft beer though.

If you ever come out to St. Louis let me know. The Schlafly brewery isn't spectacular, but I love getting their pale ale, freaking delicious. Best pale ale IMO. I'm not a bud fan, so I've never been to AB.

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

If you ever come out to St. Louis let me know. The Schlafly brewery isn't spectacular, but I love getting their pale ale, freaking delicious. Best pale ale IMO. I'm not a bud fan, so I've never been to AB.

Thanks I will! 

On 8/5/2016 at 9:25 PM, JaybobHoosier said:

Heresy!  Burn him at the stake!

burn at stake.jpg

Haven't added to this in a while.

Received a Columbus, OH sampler from a colleague during a gift exchange.

Great selection here:  REALLY recommend any of the Jackie O stuff and the Helles Angels.

Here they are in no particular order.  All were very well spoken for.

20161223_065621.jpg

20161223_065647.jpg

20161223_065713.jpg

20161223_065732.jpg

20161223_065755.jpg

20161223_065815.jpg

The Great Lakes threw me for a loop.  I was expecting a little fruit at the beginning.  thankfully it wasn't!

Nicely put together.  I would like to try that Rivertown.

The Jackie O Honey Nut Brown was absolutely one of my favorites!  I would like to find that on tap.

First time I've had that Rivertown. Porters and stouts are my favorite. That one is particularly smooth and easy to drink (trust me, I know). 

I'm partial to Just about any Breckinridge except their IPA, but then I'm just not an IPA fan.