Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

Some others I've tried, but not huge fans of:

Goose Island Honkers Ale
Trout Slayer
Moose Drool
Fat Tire

Dang, i can't remember the other ones I took to the in-laws. It's kind of cool because the gas station right by us lets you do your own 6 pack. Pick which ones that are on the shelves.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Damn, what'd they do, put one on the IUS campus? lol or is it in the old Tommy Lancaster building out that way?

it's the old rainbow bread building I forget what street it's on <br /><br /><br />

It is what used to be known as Sports Time Pizza. Same owners just new format. Also, same great food if you ever went.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

3312 plaza drive. Turn onto plaza drive from Grant line road (Kroger and pizza hut is on those two corners) and it is up on the right.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

No racer 5 comes to Georgia.....shucks.

Had some Pineapple Express Smoked Pineapple Helles a Dortmunder/Helles beer from Terrapin last night(5.4%).  Nice flavor - ended up drinking 3 pints.  

Tonight on tap is Ballast Point's Victory at Sea ( a 10% imperial coffee vanilla porter)

There are two locations. Sorry, I thought I pointed that out earlier. My mind works faster than my phone, probably didn't make it clear. The one off of Grant line is opposite direction off the exit from IUS. The other location is on bank street. It's in the old rainbo bread thrift store.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

Had a waffle and beer pairing tonight....Weird, but awesome....

Cranberry, white chocolate waffle with a White Hops IPA

Chocolate covered waffle with Three Taverns Theophan the Recluse (Russian Imp Stout)

Lemon zest waffles with Three Taverns Single Intent (Belgian single that absolutely brought out the lemon with a bang).

Yeah, I haven't really tried craft beers.  Many of the liquor stores I've been too either don't have them or I'm going in for a certain beer and don't bother looking.

I want to try some though.

Finding a nice little craft beer bar is a great way to go. Yes, your paying extra per beer, but you can try a variety at one sitting. Some liquor stores with a great selection will sell mix and match sixpacks. If you are in Btown, going to the square and checking out The Tap is essential. Around 400 beers available. You can't get a Bud Light, a cocktail or a glass of wine, but there are 40-50 craft/imports on tap.

Finding a nice little craft beer bar is a great way to go. Yes, your paying extra per beer, but you can try a variety at one sitting. Some liquor stores with a great selection will sell mix and match sixpacks. If you are in Btown, going to the square and checking out The Tap is essential. Around 400 beers available. You can't get a Bud Light, a cocktail or a glass of wine, but there are 40-50 craft/imports on tap.

I'm not in Btown, I'm closer to Evansville and still about an hour from there.

EDIT:  And I don't touch that p!$$ water known as Bud Light anyway.

Once you go Craft, you never go back

It is possible that no truer words have ever been typed on this website.

My go to is anything from Victory Brewing, but right now I am heavy in the German and Czech Pils.

It is possible that no truer words have ever been typed on this website.

My go to is anything from Victory Brewing, but right now I am heavy in the German and Czech Pils.

Yessir, I like Victory - They got an excellent double IPA I like A LOT, devil wolf or something like that