Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

image.jpeg.8f869fe4b1027a6a6c1f637c09457821.jpeg

This is what I had last night.  Fantastic beer!!

Style:
American Pale Ale (APA)
Ranked #5
ABV:
6.8%
Score:
Ranked #122
Avg:
4.53 | pDev: 7.51%
Reviews:
Ratings:
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company

Iowa, United States

Anyone on UnTappd? I find it a good place to see how others rate new beers. If you do, my profile is JCreech914

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely! It’s a great way to remember beers you’ve tried when your steel trap mind gets a little rusted up too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, mamasa said:

image.jpeg.8f869fe4b1027a6a6c1f637c09457821.jpeg

This is what I had last night.  Fantastic beer!!

Style:
American Pale Ale (APA)
Ranked #5
ABV:
6.8%
Score:
Ranked #122
Avg:
4.53 | pDev: 7.51%
Reviews:
Ratings:
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company

Iowa, United States

Remember back in August I told you how good this beer was. 

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Been getting into whiskey more lately. Big fan of Makers and Redneck Riviera (Tenn whiskey).

Anyone go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area to do some moonshine tasting? Some darn good stuff!

Tried moonshine for the first time—doesn’t taste like anything to me!

Whistle Pig Rye in my glass tonight. Really good IMO.

Tried moonshine for the first time—doesn’t taste like anything to me!
Whistle Pig Rye in my glass tonight. Really good IMO.

I guess I should have clarified some, there are a lot of different flavors that they have. I tried a lot of fruit flavored moonshine, but to me it tasted like medicine. My two favorite were coffee and butter cake moonshine. The coffee was by far my favorite, and I can’t wait to go back next year to stock up.

Heard good things about Whistle Pig, but haven’t had it. Bird Dog Blueberry Whiskey is very good, loved that stuff.

9 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I guess I should have clarified some, there are a lot of different flavors that they have. I tried a lot of fruit flavored moonshine, but to me it tasted like medicine. My two favorite were coffee and butter cake moonshine. The coffee was by far my favorite, and I can’t wait to go back next year to stock up.

Heard good things about Whistle Pig, but haven’t had it. Bird Dog Blueberry Whiskey is very good, loved that stuff.

(Steps on to cranky old guy soap box) ...

I hate ‘flavored’ sh*t.

I’m going to Scotland, England, Germany and Switzerland this summer. Very excited to try the Scotch and beer!

The best beer I had over there was from the Black Forest region. I think it was called Koenig. I also loved Paulaner

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, mamasa said:

I’m going to Scotland, England, Germany and Switzerland this summer. Very excited to try the Scotch and beer!

um. where are you going exactly? I'm very familiar with everywhere but Switzerland. 

um. where are you going exactly? I'm very familiar with everywhere but Switzerland. 

Flying into Edinburgh (or Glasgow if cheaper at the time), staying a couple of days. Driving to London, flying to Berlin then basically driving an “S” to the south- Düsseldorf, Hanover, Cologne, Frankfort, Nuremberg, Munich, Dachau, then Zurich (flying out of there). Daughter will be studying in Sterling, Scotland and we’re bringing her home

Currently on a Quaff On! Brewing Co. 6 Foot Strawberry Blonde kick.  It reminds me a lot of the Long Beach, California's Belmont Brewing Company Strawberry Blonde

Other go to brews:
Upland Two of Tarts
Guinness Draught
Paulaner Hefe
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Dogfish Head beers.
SeaQuench
American Beauty
Namaste

I'm sure I'm missing others.  Both Quaff On! and Upland or 812 Bloomington brewed.  So I tend to favor those brewers over others.  But not married to them so to speak.  I tend to change up based on season. 

I usually have a sixer of any one of these locked and loaded in the beverage fridge.