Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

14 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Totally forgot about this thread! Love my beer :)

Favorites right now are

Kona Big Wave
Goose Island 312
Pacifico

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Try the Golden Cliff IPA from Kona.

Your 3 favs are also in my top list.  Pacifico is a good vacation beer!

Did you get in on that lawsuit against Kona?!

Try some of the other Kona stuff too. Longboard and Big Wave are their most popular but I think you get pipeline porter and something else in the variety pack.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve had most of what I can get here in St. Louis with Kona. I’ve had:

Big Wave
Longboard (two favorites of Kona)
Fire Rock (iffy)
Pipeline Porter (didn’t like it)
Wailua Wheat (not bad)
Hanalei (need to give it another try before making my final judgement)
Kanaha (probably my 3rd on the list of Kona’s)
Castaway (Not an IPA fan, but this wasn’t too bad)
Lemongrass Luau (Not bad, leaves a strong lemony flavor on your tongue that’s different lol)

I think I’ve tried Gold Cliff IPA, but can’t fully remember. I have Kona glassware that the in-laws got me for Christmas this past year. Love them!

I really like beer, just don’t drink a ton. I’m still mad that O’Fallon Brewery got ride of their summer beer, Kite Tail, and replaced it with Summer Daze. Summer Daze is still good, but not close to as good as Kite Tail. Kite Tail would arguably be my favorite beer if they still made it.

Anyone had Psuedo Sue from Toppling Goliath Brewing? I heard a few years ago it was really good but wasn't offered in Indiana. It is now and it is so good. 

I have not, but 100% on Beer Advocate?!?!? Must try! I love Citra hops

If you’re in Bloomington Big Red is the only place I have seen it. Comes in 4 packs. Easily my favorite beer. So tasty!!
I'm a proud American, but I can't see any beer being better than an authentic German Hefeweizen or Belgian whitbier

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm a proud American, but I can't see any beer being better than an authentic German Hefeweizen or Belgian whitbier

I am German heritage and I love my wheats, but Wisconsin has a major hold on me right now.  Here is my latest love.

IMG_2294.thumb.jpg.81bcb31f2059a551baa07f2d9ae82422.jpg

I am German heritage and I love my wheats, but Wisconsin has a major hold on me right now.  Here is my latest love.
IMG_2294.thumb.jpg.81bcb31f2059a551baa07f2d9ae82422.jpg

I have a friend from Wisconsin that keeps me supplied with New Glarus. I currently have 2 cases of spotted cow, 1 moon man, and 1 totally naked. They are one of the best breweries out there.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good to great beers brewed here, I just haven't found any to beat the German and Belgian beers. There are also some bad german beer like eichbaum

Is that like Milwaukee's Best of Germany?

On 8/29/2019 at 9:16 PM, Chris007 said:

If you’re in Bloomington Big Red is the only place I have seen it. Comes in 4 packs. Easily my favorite beer. So tasty!!

What's style is it?May have to try it next trip to Btown if it's something I like.

8 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

If anyone is in Ohio/sees a Yellow Spring Brewery called Noodle Burner, it comes HIGHLY recommended. My currently favorite hazy ipa

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Do they sell outside of Ohio? Checking out their beers it looks like they have some good ones