Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

Indiana defense

@CrimsonCast had some great tweets on the IU defense this morning. You'll love'em.

"Through 7 games, #iufb now is tied for 121st (out of 125 teams) in total defense and alone in 112th for scoring defense."

"Michigan State's defense gives up fewer yards in two average games than #iufb gives up in one average game."

"The only teams worse than #iufb in total defense are Cal, Idaho, and New Mexico State"

Look how good our offense is, though. 

"Meanwhile #iufb is 9th in the nation in total offense and tied for 11th in scoring offense."

Amazing that there are actually three teams worse than Indiana on defense. I feel bad for our offense.

A few games this year have felt like a rerun of the Cam Cameron era where ARE would put up 49 pts. but our D would give up 56.  I remember once during that period on Gameday Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit both talked one day about how dangerous IU would be if they had just an average defense.  

I have never played football so I don't know how they dynamic works in a football locker room, but I wonder how long this goes on before someone on the offensive side just goes off and tells the D to get their stuff together.  

I really can't believe how poorly they tackle.  They have a top-notch weight room and everyone raves about their strength and conditioning coach.  Is it technique?  Is it strength?  I think the efforts there...at least I haven't see anyone give up.  I'm just dumbfounded.  An effing ballerina could have waltzed through this D yesterday.  How can they really be this bad?

Why aren't we bumping the WR's off the line...make them earn the routes they run.  I just don't get it.

^^^^^^^^^ this....  From what little I saw of the game(past games too) I can't believe how bad these guys tackle.  How can they be considered defensive players throughout their football careers and play like they do?   They actually look like a bunch of offensive guys trying to tackle a defensive player after a turnover.