Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

IU vs Michigan Post Game Thread

There is absolutely no reason Mallory should get off the bus in Btown still in the employ of Indiana University.

I hope to heaven that that "effort" was rock bottom, but I fear it wasn't. Wisky will probably set some sort of rushing

record against us.

There is absolutely no reason Mallory should get off the bus in Btown still in the employ of Indiana University.

I hope to heaven that that "effort" was rock bottom, but I fear it wasn't. Wisky will probably set some sort of rushing

record against us.

You know we have a bye week coming up.  Perfect time to make a move if we are so inclined.  

Defense is a joke. It's a complete joke. Mallory should not a job right now. I could tackle better than these guys and I'm at least half their side.

Also, Tre Roberson clearly needs to be the starting QB. He was sensational today. I fear Wilson will continue to stick with Sud. No way Nate should be on the field unless Tre is hurt.

Bye week adjustments: Fire Doug Mallory, have the defense practice tackling and nothing else, and make Tre Roberson the starting QB.

I'm extremely upset. If this team had even a decent defense, they'd have 3 more wins than they do right now.

If they can straighten it out a little, I see us bowling. If not, losing record. It's very disappointing because the talent on offense is so explosive this year and not everyone will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You know we have a bye week coming up.  Perfect time to make a move if we are so inclined.  

Yep, and I hope people are fed up enough to stop with the "you don't do that during the season, it won't solve anything" BS excuse. It sure can't hurt, and at the very least let's the team know that we are serious about building a quality program. This D is not getting better, period.

Yep, and I hope people are fed up enough to stop with the "you don't do that during the season, it won't solve anything" BS excuse. It sure can't hurt, and at the very least let's the team know that we are serious about building a quality program. This D is not getting better, period.

I agree.  If you're serious about improving as a football program, make a move like a big time football program would.  (Like Texas did).  I am certainly not in favor of firing anyone on a whim in the middle of the season, but there is absolutely no improvement from week to week.  None.  It's not fair to anyone on the team to lest this continue.  

There are enough winnable games left that we can still salvage a bowl game.  Don't blow a chance at that by continuing to put an uncompetitive defense on the field.  

UM just scored another touchdown.

lol, awesome. I was sitting here, stewing, thinking the same thing.

I'm just totally disgusted right now. I wasn't even this upset during the Lynch era. DiNardo, yes.

Here is the thing that really steams me.  When UM fumbled the ball near the goal line and we had a chance to drive the field for a go ahead score, my wife looked at me and asked, "Do you think they are going to win?" and my answer to her was, "No."

I have sang this same song and danced this same dance with IU football for so many years, that at no point today during the game did I actually believe they would find a way to win.  Yet in spite of that gnawing knowing in the pit of my gut we would find a way to screw the pooch and lose the game I still talked myself into holding out hope against hope we wouldn't pee down our legs and that we would pull it out.  

Then, as inevitably happens with IU football, when your feint hopes are shot down like Matt Painter asking out a prom queen in high school I let myself get mad and worked up over the loss.  

How the heck can our defense be so bad?  It's almost as if our defensive coaches sit around talking in team meetings saying, "You know what would be fun?  Let's see just how bad we can be.  I mean anyone can try to get better and be good, but let's go the other way with this."

Rant over.   :angry:  :banghead:  :bad:  :farting_smiley:

"@kbikoff: IU allowed 500-yard passer, a 300-yard receiver and a 150-yard rusher in the same game."

The defense is an absolute joke, and that might be an understatement. Some fans have been making excuses to me on twitter, but there's no excuse. There's too much individual talent for our defense to be that bad.

Coaching is a joke, which makes the defense a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app