Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
OliviaPope40

Coach Crean gives updates on injuries

Tom Crean was an in-studio guest on Friday’s ESPNU Midnight Madness special and on the broadcast, was asked by Andy Katz for the latest on injuries to freshmen Luke Fischer, Troy Williams and Stanford Robinson.

Here are Crean’s comments on each player:

· Fischer: “Luke Fischer got injured right before we started practice. Tore his labrum and he’s back doing 5-on-0 work and hopefully we’ll have him by the second exhibition game, probably at the earliest.”

· Williams: “Troy Williams gets the cast off his right hand and we finally get a chance to see his right hand because the last couple of weeks it’s been all about his left hand and it hasn’t been too bad.”

· Robinson: “Stanford Robinson got hurt actually at Hoosier Hysteria, which you never want to have happen. He bruised his knee, he should be back hopefully sometime by the end of next week.”

Indiana’s first exhibition game is Saturday, Oct. 26 against Division II Southern Indiana at Assembly Hall at 7 p.m.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/19/crean-updates-injuries-espnus-midnight-madness/

I'm worried that Luke's injury is going to be one of those that lingers all year and he is never quite 100%.  I hope and pray I am wrong.  

I agree.  A torn labrum tends to have nagging effects afterward.  Hopefully we are wrong, and he is perfect.  He just needs to make sure he is 100% before coming back.  

I was concerned when I heard Luke suffered a torn labrum. My youngest son had a torn labrum while in college. He was a pitcher. In his case, surgery was necessary to trim the cartilage otherwise his range of motion and strength in the shoulder would not be optimal. I realize there is a difference in baseball vs. basketball, but this injury is likely not a quick fix.

I was concerned when I heard Luke suffered a torn labrum. My youngest son had a torn labrum while in college. He was a pitcher. In his case, surgery was necessary to trim the cartilage otherwise his range of motion and strength in the shoulder would not be optimal. I realize there is a difference in baseball vs. basketball, but this injury is likely not a quick fix.

How long was he out for?

He had surgery in July and didn't play the fall season. He did resume pitching in January as I recall. I suppose this all depends on how significant the tear is in Luke's socket. Does this interfere with his ability to move and play at the level needed? Maybe it's such that he can tolerate the discomfort and still perform. I hope. But if it's torn cartilage, it's not going to go away.