Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

Zach Osterman interview with Andy Glockner

Glockner put Indiana at 16 in his preseason top 25, and new IndyStar IUBB insider asked him why. Some interesting questions and answers.

OK, so basic question first off: Why No. 16? I know it’s not entirely against the established consensus, but it is noticeably higher than most pundits and publications.

“I think they have the pieces to be a pretty good team,” Glockner said, citing Will Sheehey, Yogi Ferrell and the athleticism of IU’s freshman class and roster as a whole as bases for his opinion. “(Tom) Crean’s a good coach, and it strikes me that, as many people maybe overrated Indiana last season, I think people are maybe underrating the potential of this team with a good coach in charge.

I have to agree with the comments I changed to red. No question last year's team was overrated, while this year's may be a bit underrated. I think we're a bit weary of freshmen this year because of how awful 3/4 of the freshmen were last year.

Osterman asked about his impressions of Sheehey and Yogi at the World University Games, and had this to say about Sheehey, "I think Sheehey will take a big step forward. He's the type of guy that looks like he'll translate from being a complementary player to being a leading guy."

He mentioned that Yogi's "obviously, going to have to play better, more consistent...as a sophomore, you expect him to take that leap."

More here: http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersinsider/2013/10/17/examining-an-outlier-one-national-basketball-voice-sees-indiana-slightly-above-the-preseason-consensus/