Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Louisville’s Behanan Suspended Indefinitely/ er short time now

Louisville has suspended junior forward Chane Behanan indefinitely because of a violation of university policy, according to reports from Louisville columnist Eric Crawford.

“Chane Behanan is no longer a part of our basketball team. He has been suspended by the university,” Crawford quoted Louisville coach Rick Pitino as saying.

Pitino added: ”It’s multiple things. Don’t ask what it is, we’re not going to tell you.”

http://zagsblog.com/louisville/louisvilles-behanan-suspended-indefinitely/

This could throw another monkey wrench into the 2014 recruiting mess.

Nothing surprises me wih these kids anymore. Seems like alot of them treat their basketball skills as a golden ticket. It could be if used properly, free education and a whole lot of oppurtunities that you and me will never get. But on the other hand it also is what puts each and everyone of your moves in the public eye. Be careful what you wish for kids it may not always end up like you want.

Nothing surprises me wih these kids anymore. Seems like alot of them treat their basketball skills as a golden ticket. It could be if used properly, free education and a whole lot of oppurtunities that you and me will never get. But on the other hand it also is what puts each and everyone of your moves in the public eye. Be careful what you wish for kids it may not always end up like you want.

Honestly a big part of why I like the type of character and culture we have in this program.  

Chane Behanan was suspended indefinitely last Thursday by the University of Louisville for violation of University policy. Within days, the junior forward had repeated the violation, which caused head coach Rick Pitino to say Behanan could still earn his way back, though it was not probable.

On Monday afternoon, Behanan seemed to have a different point of view than his Hall of Fame coach, according to WDRB’s Bozich and Crawford. The 6-foot-6 forward told Rick Bozich and Eric Crawford that he was “positive” he could work earn his way back to the team, and that he had been “working hard” to get his spot back on the roster.

“I was never concerned about Chane the basketball player,” Pitino said during a press conference on Thursday. “He is extremely respectful. He’s a good guy. He’s a good teammate, and he’s an excellent basketball player. He just has a very difficult time understanding life’s values and significance of life’s values, and we’re going to try to help him along.

Behanan wandered into a Starbucks in the Highlands where Bozich and Crawford were working on Monday afternoon, wearing a pair of jeans and a Cincinnati Reds T-shirt.

He said he watched Saturday’s intrasquad scrimmage on television, and that he plans to begin reading Pitino’s new book, “The One-Day Contract” on Tuesday.

Bozich said, “I just saw you at media day a few days earlier and things looked good.”

Behanan replied, “Things happen.”

“We’re more interested in Chane the man than we are right now the basketball player. We want to see him prosper as a person as much as he has been prospering as a basketball player.”

Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds per game for the national champions this past season. In his absence, Wayne Blackshear and Stephen Van Treese will take on larger roles on the frontline, as will Montrezl Harrell, who is being projected as one of the breakout stars in college basketball this season. Akoy Agau also joins the program as a four-star recruit according to Rivals.

At the earliest, Behanan could return by mid-December.

Link

After initially saying that suspended forward Chane Behanan would be out for “a long time,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino has apparently adjusted his position and now says he could return “in a short period of time.”

“The reason he’s suspended and not off the team: He told the truth,” Pitino told the Owensboro Messenger-Gazette Thursday at a book signing. “I said OK. There’s going to be a penalty and a price to pay, but he told the truth. We’ll get through this. Just do the right things and he’ll be back on the team in a short period of time.”

That stands in stark contrast to what the Louisville Courier-Journal quoted Pitino saying at the Oct. 17 news conference in which he announced Behanan’s suspension, when he said, “Chane Behanan is no longer a part of our basketball team.”

“Short is relative, now,” Pitino said Thursday. “I don’t say in the next couple of weeks. He’s doing the right things right now. I was skeptical about a week ago, but so far this week he’s put in everything we’ve asked him to do. It’s not easy for him.

“It won’t be any time in the next couple of weeks, but I expect him back.”

Pitino did not immediately respond to a text message seeking clarification, but a team spokesman told the Courier-Journal,  “There’s been no indication of a specific timetable.”

The 6-foot-6 Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds last season when Louisville won the NCAA championship.

http://zagsblog.com/louisville/pitino-behanan-could-return-in-a-short-period-of-time/

Surprise Surprise!!!