Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Will_Padgman

Non-Conference Schedule

I've heard so much whining about how Indiana never plays anyone strong in their out-of-conference games. But with USA Today's Preseason rankings, Indiana could play three ranked opponents: Syracuse (7), Notre Dame (22), and possibly Connecticut (19).

What are people's thoughts on the strength now?

With all the inexperience this year we might need some cupcakes to beat up on. Good to have some competition though too. Going into the B1G without facing tough teams could be a disaster for a young team. 

Also of note though: None of those ranked games are in AH, which is what critics have put Indiana down for in the past. So, in addition to having the ranked opponents, they also have tough games away from home before conference play

Meh.  UConn has to win their game as do we to play them.  Other than that, I am fine with it.  We will BEAT up on atleast 8 of them.  The only concern I have is not really having a tough game in December.  Hopefully they are ready for B1G.  

Meh.  UConn has to win their game as do we to play them.  Other than that, I am fine with it.  We will BEAT up on atleast 8 of them.  The only concern I have is not really having a tough game in December.  Hopefully they are ready for B1G.  

I agree with you.  I hope by December we have made serious strides toward consistently having strong opposition during our team practices.  I would love to have video of their current practices.  They are probably working each other over at a high level already:)

I agree with you.  I hope by December we have made serious strides toward consistently having strong opposition during our team practices.  I would love to have video of their current practices.  They are probably working each other over at a high level already:)

Absolutely.  That was my only surprise about last year.  I thought with the high level Vic and Cody brought, along with Jordy and CWat improving their games others would improve.  I think Will did and Yogi had subtle improvements from high school, but beyond that there was none.  Don't know if they demolished everyone on a daily basis where literally nobody improved, but it hurt us in the end.  We need everyone on this team to compete and raise their game.  If we do that, we will be alright.  IMO

Absolutely.  That was my only surprise about last year.  I thought with the high level Vic and Cody brought, along with Jordy and CWat improving their games others would improve.  I think Will did and Yogi had subtle improvements from high school, but beyond that there was none.  Don't know if they demolished everyone on a daily basis where literally nobody improved, but it hurt us in the end.  We need everyone on this team to compete and raise their game.  If we do that, we will be alright.  IMO

I agree with you in that there was not as much depth in last year's team that brought forth the results that were expected by players, staff, and fans.  I also know that you stay tuned in & pay much more attention to what goes down on a daily basis than I do.  There has to be a fine line as to how hard these guys push each other and I trust the staff to know that line.  I'm not saying you agree or disagree how hard the players go at it in practice.  I want these freshman to see & participate in putting each other through such a fiercely competitive atmosphere for so much of the season that each player truly embraces all aspects of what it takes to make deep runs in both of the year ending tournaments.  

I agree with you in that there was not as much depth in last year's team that brought forth the results that were expected by players, staff, and fans.  I also know that you stay tuned in & pay much more attention to what goes down on a daily basis than I do.  There has to be a fine line as to how hard these guys push each other and I trust the staff to know that line.  I'm not saying you agree or disagree how hard the players go at it in practice.  I want these freshman to see & participate in putting each other through such a fiercely competitive atmosphere for so much of the season that each player truly embraces all aspects of what it takes to make deep runs in both of the year ending tournaments.  

Hey, you are fine.  Trust me, I didn't always pay this much attention, but the knowledge of this fanbase is amazing.  I have learned far more than I could have ever hoped just by talking to everyone.  We hope to bring that thought process here.  As for the practices, in the past many have stated how hard Crean pushes his players in practice.  Last year he tried something different.  He cut back on practice on how he pushed them around the first of February.  He commented about how he was going to do that with such a veteran squad.  Many felt that backfired because he took them out of their routine.  From that point on Jordy/Yogi/Wat seemed to have struggled more.  Yogi's might have been from just being tired, and not used to that type of a season.  The other two were seniors.  Usually Seniors flourish at that point in their Senior year.  Unfortunately for us that didn't happen.  I remember we beat UM on the road after, so there is nothing anyone can point to for sure.  I guess that is my long winded response in hoping with such a young squad we make and keep a routine.  I think then, we can have the environment you and I both hope they have.  That will only make us better by the end of the year.  We know they are going hard up to this point due to the nagging variety of freshman injuries 4 of them have had on and off since they got here.  

Schedule is fine. We will need some big wins to help the confidence of this young team. With as strong as the big ten is, they will get plenty of experience during league play. Non conference schedule is going to turn into a win grab to make sure you get in that tourney

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Speaking of the schedule if your looking to get rid of tickets let me know! I will mention you on Twitter to all of Hoosier Nation for a pair of tickets. Side note I only have 14 followers, but the internet reaches millions!

I have a combine 30,000 followers. You can give your tickets to me or to Coach... Your choice