Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoosier93

IU vs Northwestern

Dear Northwestern,

Sorry we beat you so badly. You were the only Wildcats we had on our schedule and we had to take out our anger toward UK on someone!

Sincerely,

The Hoosiers

IU 276

NW 2

The wildcat's two points come off a Jeff Howard tip-in into the wrong goal

Indiana gets the W but I don't think it will come easy. Northwestern will slow the pace and turn it in to a half court game which is what tends to give us trouble. If we rebound and hit shots talent should win out. We have to get this one to keep pace. Any road win is a good win. Jordy has to show up, when he struggles the team has struggled.

I think IU has a solid rebound game after a good few days rest. I think they will be looking to prove something after a dismal shooting night against Wisconsin. They HAVE to find a way to get Jordy some open looks on the perimeter. If his 3 ball finds the bottom of the net the rest of the team will feed off of it. I'd also look for our bench to step up and play with a chip on their shoulder (paging Will Sheehey). IU by 12.

Turns out that the game was alot closer than we expected. We need to find a way to seal the deal. I think we need Sheehey to get rollin, he seems to me to be the only player with enough of that killer instinct to keep going after the other team gets down. But he has to make buckets first, get on a roll. But a win is a win, on the road even in conference play. That Northwestern team just put a stompin on Illinois, so they aren't bad. Go Hoosiers.

Really would have liked to see some better in-game adjustments by the staff to counter that 1-3-1. Clearly its different than teams attacking our 2-3 zone, but we did a lot of standing on offense and relied too much on the ball handler to get around 2 or 3 guys in order for the floor to open up. Getting the defensive zone moving and causing confusion is the best way to beat it. NW did a great job of getting back on defense and not letting us push the tempo. 

That being said, great win and we are 3-0 in conference road games. I like it.