Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

Overperform/Underperform

Who will greatly exceed expectations and/or underachieve this year?

I'll set the standards:

Expected to start and thrive: Yogi, Will, Noah

Steadying influences: Evan, Austin

Upside + frustration at times: Jeremy

Skilled and developing but not strong enough: Luke and Peter

Energizer bunnies with developing skill: Troy, Hanner, Stan and Devin

Not much run: Colin

I'll give it a try first:

Overachievers:

Austin. Hits shots, plays smart, sees the floor more than we ever thought, especially during crunch time.

Hanner: Luke's injury forces him to be on the court a lot during cupcake time. He gets confidence and stays wholly in the mix.

Below Expectations:

Stan: Game is too fast for him. Loses minutes to Evan.

Peter: Hoosier Hysteria performance is a mirage.

What say y'all?

Overachieve:

Evan- leadership, pg abilities, and the ability to drive which can create easy offense as already seen with yogi.

Noah- I get the feeling people don't realize how good he is. Is skilled at everything on the floor and is exceptional on the boards. Has the talent to have a Cody Zeller type impact just in different areas than Cody.

Troy- is more than just an athlete and it seems like that's all he has been labelled as so far.

Jeremy- has the offensive tools to lead the team in scoring. Can rebound and defend a lot better than given credit for.

Luke- extremely fundamentally sound and runs the floor similar to cody. Won't overachieve if the "next Zeller" label is on him bc he's nothing close to that at this point.

Play as expected:

Yogi- will be one of the best pg's in the B1G/country and can finally be free to play similar to his hs days. No doubt in my mind him and Will are great this year.

Will- perfect guy to lead a young team bc he leads by example first and then says what needs to be said afterwards. Gets his easy buckets from open jumpers and slashes to the basket but will also defend the best wing on each team.

Hanner- is still very raw so I think he doesn't make a big enough impact to overachieve, but I do think he understands his role and is very comfortable setting ball screens for yogi catching lobs and finishing, can also rebound really well.

Devin- is expected to provide energy and rebounds and I think that's exactly what he will give. Anxious to see the finishing ability Crean talks about when he attacks the rim.

Peter- nothing is expected from him so you can't say he will over or under bc he's just flat out not gonna play in any key spots.

Underachieve:

Collin- has too much talent in front of him to see much of the floor. Don't feel he will ever make much of an impact.

Stan- only reason I say this is bc seeing how Jeremy was treated last year anytime he turned it over Stan will give plenty of chances to frustrate us. The good thing is for every turnover and freshman mistake he makes, he has so much talent to make up for it. He's already further along than oladipo at this point but is going to be very similar in a way that he will tend to push the issue a little too often. I really hope he proves me wrong and is able to play in key situations bc he can help a ton.

Austin- never thought he would play much in his career but after the injury and the talent at his position it's looking even more so like a struggle for playing time. Making 3s at a high rate can change this but gotta see the court a bunch to do so.