Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
djsalway

Roberson or Sud?

I was just thinking forward to this weekend's game against Michigan and wondering what everyone thought about the quarterback situation?

My personal opinion; Sudfeld should still start, but if he isn't making any progress on offense, Roberson needs to go in and stay in.

I like Roberson much better as our QB mainly because of the dual threat option that he presents. We will see what Wilson does, but I definitely think they both see a shared amount of snaps this week.

I know many aren't in favor of the 2 qb lineup, but I think it could be our best bet.  I'd like to see Tre used more as a threat that includes both running and passing, or in a wildcat situation.  It's a tough call, as both have a different skill set, and honestly, I haven't seen enough of Michigan to know who would work better.

My personal opinion; Sudfeld should still start, but if he isn't making any progress on offense, Roberson needs to go in and stay in.

I agree with this.  Nate is only a sophomore, a true sophomore.  He's learning.  He's having a hard time adjusting to pressure defense's but it can't get better if he isn't given the opportunity.  I think it's awesome to have Tre on the bench ready to roll if the offense gets in a rut.

I think you meant Suds Natty in your first name lol.

I agree that Nate should still be the QB, but Tre should be used. I agree that Nate needs more practice against pressure, however, what if that practice costs IU the game where Tre would have won it? I know, what If's lol.

I really like Tre, but Nate still deserves more chances. I would just like to see Tre in there more to give the offense a different look. Both QB's need practice. Nate is a true Soph, with Tre coming back from injury last year.

It doesn't help that the offensive line has been littered with injuries!

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate the two QB approach, but I also think it is our best solution. I think Tre is our best option against Michigan, but Nate should still start.

My fear with two quarterbacks is they are constantly looking over their shoulder to see if they are going to get yanked. That is not a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like the idea of having a run and pass threat with Roberson. Yet there's something inside me that says to stick with Sudfeld. Yet, every time Sudfeld is having a rough game Roberson is always ready to come in and does well. It's a very hard decision.

Sudfeld really seems to be slumping right now, granted he's a true soph and still learning.  I'll admit a bias, I really do not like these so called "dual threat" QBs and would take a traditional drop back passer 10 out of 10 times without thinking twice but right now the offense is running better with Tre (let's not forget Tre is a year older than Nate, a redshirt soph).

I like the idea of having a run and pass threat with Roberson. Yet there's something inside me that says to stick with Sudfeld. Yet, every time Sudfeld is having a rough game Roberson is always ready to come in and does well. It's a very hard decision.

Agreed. That's probably why Wilson had so much trouble sticking with one. You never know what you are going to get outta these guys

I hate to say it, but I STILL think we start Sud against Minnesota. Roberson's dual threat style doesn't fit as well against that defense. But with Sud being in this slump, he may end up underperforming once again. If so, I'd ride Roberson to the end of the season. He has much more potential with a spread type offense (I really like Sud, FYI).

Wilson's an idiot if he starts Sud over Roberson against Minnesota. Roberson has the most talent and potential and is playing lights out compared to Sudfeld. I just hope Wilson is smart enough to ride the hot (and better) QB.

I think we should be worried about the defense more than a quarterback. We can score plenty of points with both but neither help when the defense can't make a stop.

We need the best quarterback possible to win because of the joke of a defense. Roberson, in my opinion, is our only chance of winning right now.

Tre seems to have the hot hand right now so I'll go with him.

The truth is though as long as our defense is giving up 883 yds per game and 77 points, it doesn't really matter who we start.

That's what I've been saying. The quarterback won't end up mattering if our defense loses us the game every week.

We need the best quarterback possible to win because of the joke of a defense. Roberson, in my opinion, is our only chance of winning right now.

I agree. Roberson has been delivering during Sudfeld's slump. Wilson needs to realize that he's our guy.