Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

Back on topic:

If sports is entertainment, Jaquan Lyle is the ultimate recruit.

The kid can play,

The kid attracts drama,

The kid has got, as they would say in Boston, a "wicked awesome" sense of humor,

Other players love hanging out with him,

Wherever he is, that place (for better or for worse) becomes more interesting.

I stand curious and bemused by the continuing saga of Jaquan Lyle.

I think I may have another episode of "As the Two-Guards Turn" in me!!

N.D. Kendrick tweet from about 9:40 ET: "Will be interesting to track the JaQuan Lyle/Indiana relationship over the next few months. A visit will happen in-season. He likes B-Town!"

Thoughts?

ND Kendrick has been spot on for JL from the beginning.  His talent isn't a question.  If he can vibe with this team and Crean feels he can maintain a level of accountability it will be a huge thing.  

Back on topic:

If sports is entertainment, Jaquan Lyle is the ultimate recruit.

The kid can play,

The kid attracts drama,

The kid has got, as they would say in Boston, a "wicked awesome" sense of humor,

Other players love hanging out with him,

Wherever he is, that place (for better or for worse) becomes more interesting.

I stand curious and bemused by the continuing saga of Jaquan Lyle.

I think I may have another episode of "As the Two-Guards Turn" in me!!

Man, this is the 2014 class in a nutshell, more than just JL.

I honestly think JaQuan would be fine here. I doubt Crean would continue to recruit him if was very worried about that. Lyle is a tremendous talent, and I'd love to have him. He could also teach Rob Johnson some things, as Johnson transitions and learns point guard. I'm assuming Lyle will commit in the spring, unlike many other IU targets. 

You are closer to that action than myself.  I am up here by Fort Wayne.  Do like his move of going the prep route.  That tells me he is getting more serious about his future in realizing he had to somewhat separate himself from Evansville.  That environment could and did at times drag him down.  I hope every kid succeeds.  If he came to IU, the best thing will happen to him.  He will be accountable, which will only make him better.  

N.D. Kendrick tweet from about 9:40 ET: "Will be interesting to track the JaQuan Lyle/Indiana relationship over the next few months. A visit will happen in-season. He likes B-Town!"

Thoughts?

Thanks for the info buddy. It was put out earlier today that he would visit Memphis this weekend,then later shot down.

Maybe something to that text from last night...