Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

Cliff Alexander said JL will go to Kansas after his commitment last Friday, so we'll see.

That could change 10 times between now and his decision, as we all know :)

RockChalkBlog.com@RockChalkBlog15 Nov

Interesting side note... Cliff Alexander said today that JaQuan Lyle will be a Jayhawk, too (ESPNU Top 100 No. 39). Lyle is a point guard.

Cliff wasn't even sure of his own commitment right after the announcement. Said he wouldn't sign until spring, might change his mind. That may have all changed by now though. 

Kansas assistant Jerrance Howard will contact JaQuan Lyle Thursday at Huntington Prep, sources told SNY.tv. It’s possible the 6-foot-5 Lyle could visit Kansas sometime over the Christmas break.

Now that Kansas is out of the Tyus Jones Sweepstakes, they are re-focusing on Lyle, who is expected to sign in the spring. Kansas feels it needs a big-body combo guard to complete its recruiting class, giving them a potential top-five class to go along with Findlay Prep wing Kelly Oubreand Chicago Curie power forward Cliff Alexander.

Lyle and Alexander talked about a possible package deal, and it appears that could still happen with the Jayhawks.

Oregon and West Virginia also watched Lyle last weekend in Kentucky.

Link

Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ 3h
Indiana 'not really' on five-star basketball recruit JaQuan Lyle's list now http://cjky.it/18MzwHx  via @courierjournal

“I’m talking to Indiana, but we don’t really talk that much,” Lyle said on Dec. 7. “They only have one scholarship left or something. They kind of wanted me to sign early, and I wasn’t feeling (an early decision). So they kind of backed off.”

He has made unofficial visits to Connecticut and Memphis since his decommitment and said his first official visit will be to Kansas on Jan. 11. He wants to officially visit Oregon, which had an assistant coach at Marshall County, and Florida State. 

Lyle said about 10 other schools are under consideration for his other two official visits, if he takes them. Asked if Indiana is on his list right now, he said, “not really.” He also said he’s had no contact with Kentucky.

The 6-foot-5 guard mentioned Kansas, Oregon, West Virginia, Providence and Memphis as the schools that are recruiting him the hardest at the moment. He also said that homestate Indiana is no longer an option.

“I can tell you that IU is off my list completely,” he said. “We don’t keep in contact any more.”

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2014/01/10/lyle-cancels-kansas-visit-no-uk-or-uofl-contact/

Not too disappointed, we already have James Blackmon Jr. who is better than Lyle in my opinion, and Robert Johnson, who imo is also better than Lyle. Can't have 3 guards, not enough space. Not to mention Stanford Robinson looks like he will be one hell of a player

Not too disappointed, we already have James Blackmon Jr. who is better than Lyle, and Robert Johnson, who imo is also better than Lyle. Can't have 3 guards, not enough space. Not to mention Stanford Robinson looks like he will be one hell of a player

Lyle>Rob Johnson

I'd argue he could be better than Blackmon too. Blackmon is a better shooter, but Lyle's overall game is incredible. Its unfortunate we are no longer in the picture. 

Lyle>Rob Johnson

I'd argue he could be better than Blackmon too. Blackmon is a better shooter, but Lyle's overall game is incredible. Its unfortunate we are no longer in the picture. 

Lyle = Extraordinary talent.

Who do I want as a Hoosier more?

Rob Johnson >Lyle

Lyle>Rob Johnson

I am going to disagree. Obviously neither of us will ever know before they play a game in college, but I think Johnson and Blackmon will both be better than Lyle by the end of their careers

Not too disappointed, we already have James Blackmon Jr. who is better than Lyle, and Robert Johnson, who imo is also better than Lyle. Can't have 3 guards, not enough space. Not to mention Stanford Robinson looks like he will be one hell of a player

Lyle's talent is absolutely undeniable, he's an incredible talent.  In terms of talent he may very well be better than Blackmon, which means he is absolutely better than Johnson.

They're different positions though.  Lyle is more of a point, while Blackmon and Johnson are both more of combos.

It's the potential headache I don't want.

[quote name="RoadToZion" post="30219" timestamp="1389821914"]Lyle>Rob Johnson

I'd argue he could be better than Blackmon too. Blackmon is a better shooter, but Lyle's overall game is incredible. Its unfortunate we are no longer in the picture. [/quote]

I agree. I think he's far and away better than Johnson and probably better than blackmon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree. I think he's far and away better than Johnson and probably better than blackmon.

How would we know he's far and away better than Johnson when they haven't played a game in college yet? I said in my opinion I think Robert Johnson and Blackmon will be better college players than what Lyle will be. Lets not act like either of us know who will be better than who without them ever actually playing 

I'm not even sure if I would want him, isn't he supposed to be a head case?

I think that's a characterization that's been blown out of proportion from a couple of widely reported incidents. 

https://twitter.com/NDkendrick/status/421858139407806464/photo/1

I'm no recruiting expert, but those who are seem to think very highly of him. I like that he's at prep school for a year too, should help him on and off the court.

[quote name="Hoosierfan2223" post="30237" timestamp="1389831498"]How would we know he's far and away better than Johnson when they haven't played a game in college yet? I said in my opinion I think Robert Johnson and Blackmon will be better college players than what Lyle will be. Lets not act like either of us know who will be better than who without them ever actually playing [/quote]

I said I think he was from what I've seen of both that's my opinion. I have mine like you have yours. I never acted like I know for sure I gave my assessment based upon what I've seen. Let's not get our panties in a bunch because someone disagreed with us. I have no idea who will be better in college but as I said I think it will be lyle because I think he's the much better player.

Lyle's talent is absolutely undeniable, he's an incredible talent.  In terms of talent he may very well be better than Blackmon, which means he is absolutely better than Johnson.

They're different positions though.  Lyle is more of a point, while Blackmon and Johnson are both more of combos.

It's the potential headache I don't want.

Hey, JS, I think Lyle has become more of a combo out east where his prep school team is loaded with talent now whereas he was considered more of a PG in Evansville.

At any rate, it is impossible to argue with the way he loaded the stat sheet as a PG last year.