Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

JaQuan visiting West Virginia and even having them on his list is, to me, a way of keeping a team near him in his race just to keep people in the state happy during basketball season. They aren't nearly as much of a threat as Kansas and Memphis.

I can't really see people in the state being overly concerned with that though.  Huntington Prep is more national, than local.  Most states aren't like Indiana in that.  In Indiana there is definitely some bias in Mr. Basketball historically to IU.  Most states aren't like that.  Plus, with them being more of a team that plays all over the US during the season, in state people don't care as much.  

I can't really see people in the state being overly concerned with that though.  Huntington Prep is more national, than local.  Most states aren't like Indiana in that.  In Indiana there is definitely some bias in Mr. Basketball historically to IU.  Most states aren't like that.  Plus, with them being more of a team that plays all over the US during the season, in state people don't care as much.  

Yeah I totally get that and agree 100%, I'm just saying that there really isn't much of a reason to have them on there other than the fact that he plays in West Virginia.

Yeah I totally get that and agree 100%, I'm just saying that there really isn't much of a reason to have them on there other than the fact that he plays in West Virginia.

I do think Bob Huggins used to be popular in his neck of the woods.  But, I agree with you there.  

JaQuan visiting West Virginia and even having them on his list is, to me, a way of keeping a team near him in his race just to keep people in the state happy during basketball season. They aren't nearly as much of a threat as Kansas and Memphis.

Has Kansas even offered him?  The only site showing him having a Kansas offer is ESPN.

Has Kansas even offered him? The only site showing him having a Kansas offer is ESPN.

I'm almost positive they have, probably before the commitment to Louisville, and are still honoring it after he decommitted. If they haven't, better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Might be worried about his grades, Wvu's admission standards are surely lower than IU's.
Not saying he isn't smart, but most people I know tried to get a good nights rest before we took our SATS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Might be worried about his grades, Wvu's admission standards are surely lower than IU's.
Not saying he isn't smart, but most people I know tried to get a good nights rest before we took our SATS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Took this girl out once who went to WVU...she said it was a joke. got in with a 2.2 and left with lower. (FYI made sure there was no second date haha). 

Oregon checked JL out twice this past weekend and offered. WVU and KU was also in attendance. He does have an offer from KU and that combo with Alexander my still be out there. Not sure if we made it or not from my post above.

EDIT: Guess KU didn't see him.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 3m
Kansas did not end up seeing @JMamba5 yesterday but will see him Thursday and is setting up an official visit

Kansas will be tough to beat on this one. Our depth with Yogi (if he's there) will scare Lyle away. I think this comes down to eBay happens to Yogi

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

AUTOCORRECT FAIL!

Cliff Alexander said JL will go to Kansas after his commitment last Friday, so we'll see.

That could change 10 times between now and his decision, as we all know :)

RockChalkBlog.com@RockChalkBlog15 Nov

Interesting side note... Cliff Alexander said today that JaQuan Lyle will be a Jayhawk, too (ESPNU Top 100 No. 39). Lyle is a point guard.