Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

I personally feel JL makes a lot of sense for IU.  I would prefer an elite shooter that can handle the ball, but Crean loves having two players on the court at all times that can man the ball.  If he had 2 elite PGs, he would be in heaven.  Yogi as a shooter is coming around.  JL has the size of a 2, but is a PG who can shoot.  Imo, it is easy to see why Crean is going so hard after him.  God forbid an injury, but what happens if Yogi goes down?  Imagine if you have the insurance JL.  We don't really have a true PG as a backup.  It would be nice for them to split time and work together on the court.  I think with the slashers we have it would be great to have 2 players that can find the other 3. 

I personally feel JL makes a lot of sense for IU.  I would prefer an elite shooter that can handle the ball, but Crean loves having two players on the court at all times that can man the ball.  If he had 2 elite PGs, he would be in heaven.  Yogi as a shooter is coming around.  JL has the size of a 2, but is a PG who can shoot.  Imo, it is easy to see why Crean is going so hard after him.  God forbid an injury, but what happens if Yogi goes down?  Imagine if you have the insurance JL.  We don't really have a true PG as a backup.  It would be nice for them to split time and work together on the court.  I think with the slashers we have it would be great to have 2 players that can find the other 3. 

That is the upside of Rob Johnson in a nutshell.

Notice they did it quietly too...either they know something we don't, or they just want to be on the safe side in case he commits this weekend. If he commits, they look like geniuses. If no commit? Still time to change it later.

My Crystal Ball Strategy would be to change my at the first sign of things really swinging in a direction. Then I would show I was on it the longest. Now id keep IU as the favorite until something else made me change my mind. The crystal Ball thing isn't peoples overall guesses IMO, it's a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lyle would play point.

Alongside Yogi. They could play at the same time. Lyle is 6'4. I think he's good enough to start alongside Yogi without a doubt.

Unless Stan ends up playing that role next year. If thats the case, Lyle could backup both the 1 and 2 guard spots. We know how Crean plays, he's not afraid to play two "point guards". 

I'm probably the least plugged in/ up to date guy on recruiting and I rarely have an opinion or idea where any of these kids will end up, but I have a feeling he's headed to B'town.  

It sure seems like the momentum is moving in that direction.  Like Stuhoo said above, RJ, Max, JL would be a fine class.  Even if it ends up just RJ and Max we'll be fine.  

Say we get Lyle and Yogi goes pro. Who would you all see running the point next season? Lyle? Johnson? Other?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely Lyle. If Yogi stays though, imagine a possible back court of Yogi and Lyle coupled with backcourt depth of Johnson and Robinson. 

Some writer from a Kentucky site calling IU now too.

Which one?  I had to endure going through a few sites to get a feel for where things stand and they are pretty confident.  Meyer and Goodman both said he is going to UK today.  A little off topic, but if you go to Cats Illustrated there was a thread titled, "I found the sex of my baby today".  Makes me smile every time I encounter Kentucklish.  

Edit:  Well, went back to copy the thread and they changed the title to "We found out the sex of our baby" lol.

Which one?  I had to endure going through a few sites to get a feel for where things stand and they are pretty confident.  Meyer and Goodman both said he is going to UK today.  A little off topic, but if you go to Cats Illustrated there was a thread titled, "I found the sex of my baby today".  Makes me smile every time I encounter Kentucklish.  

Edit:  Well, went back to copy the thread and they changed the title to "We found out the sex of our baby" lol.

Dan Bodner of kentucky sports connection,  but two more now, Grant Milner of Memphis Roar, and Derek Piper 247 sports. Actually the CB doesn't have any pUKe picks. It's all Kansas, Memphis, Louisville, and IU. 

Dan Bodner of kentucky sports connection,  but two more now, Grant Milner of Memphis Roar, and Derek Piper 247 sports. Actually the CB doesn't have any pUKe picks. It's all Kansas, Memphis, Louisville, and IU. 

Fair enough.  I was on the wrong thread man.  

Fair enough.  I was on the wrong thread man.  

Don't feel bad. I do it too. Sure wish we had the thread title up at the top of each reply.

Hey, I whined till I got the search function... maybe again ;)