Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

If the kid truly is seeing the light and doing what it takes I'm all for signing him. I did some pretty stupid things when I was a kid, I managed to grow up. No reason he can't either.

Seems like the relationship that Coach has built with Jaquan is critical. Sounds like Jaquan trusts Coach full well knowing Crean is going to tell Jaquan what he needs to hear not necessarily what he wants to hear. Talented kid from the great state of Indiana. Hope he makes the best decision for his basketball future and beyond.

I'm kind of torn on the kid. He's a bit of a head case.......but he has unreal talent. I think if we can get him in our system Crean will straighten him out, which is exactly what the kid needs. He needs a father figure, and I think he sees that in Crean, which is a huge plus for us.

I'm kind of torn on the kid. He's a bit of a head case.......but he has unreal talent. I think if we can get him in our system Crean will straighten him out, which is exactly what the kid needs. He needs a father figure, and I think he sees that in Crean, which is a huge plus for us.

Agree completely, just hope Lyle realizes that as well.  Crean just isn't a coach like a lot of other D1 coaches, he wants to be invested in them as human beings as well

I'll be happy if they sign him because he has a world of talent and coach thinks he can help the kid or he wouldn't be after him. That being said I'm not going to lose any sleep worrying about it if he doesn't.  

Here's why I'm "in":

Yes, Jaquan has had real maturity issues. BUT, by all accounts, he is smart, VERY personable and likable, and seems to recognize that he needed to make changes.  He is also a very unselfish basketball player that seems to just now be realizing how much better he can be if he develops a work ethic.

That, and because I have a fairly strong belief that

He.

Will.

Be.

A.

Hoosier.

I'm still really doubting the fact that he will be a Hoosier based on the whole package-deal thing with Cliff Alexander. I have a feeling Memphis is still a large factor when it comes to this race, mainly because that is a school on both of their lists. Other than that, I don't see any huge contenders on the package-deal front. BUT, that being said... I have a feeling JaQuan is coming to BTown.

I've seen that the Lyle/Alexander package deal isn't a thing anymore.

I think JaQuan is a good kid. Everyone seems to like him and he appears to be growing up. Crazy talented, and I'd take him over just about anyone. Crean obviously thinks Lyle would be fine here, so I do as well. I have a good feeling JaQuan will be a Hoosier, and I really hope I'm right.

I'm still really doubting the fact that he will be a Hoosier based on the whole package-deal thing with Cliff Alexander. I have a feeling Memphis is still a large factor when it comes to this race, mainly because that is a school on both of their lists. Other than that, I don't see any huge contenders on the package-deal front. BUT, that being said... I have a feeling JaQuan is coming to BTown.

I wouldn't pay much attention to package deal talk.  Kids talk about that a lot, but it doesn't happen all that often.

I agree that he doesn't know what he wants.  Can't say I did when I was his age either.  I still think that Huntington Prep move was the best thing he did.  His ex coach ran him down on twitter pretty bad the other day and all Jaquan did was retweet it.  He ended up deleting it, but I think that kid is realizing he is all of these people's golden ticket.  He needs to do whats best for him.  He did that and people are pissed because it hurts them.  The biggest issue I have with his coach blasting Jaquan like that is if he wouldn't do it when Jaquan was there, why do it while he is in another state?  Thats an influential person?  He probably does know a lot of stuff that Jaquan did (that is what he was saying he would bring up if Jaquan blasted him and that Jaquan was the weakest man on his team).  That said, why not be happy for Jaquan for this move to dedicate himself?  Is it because you don't have a top 20 player?