Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
OliviaPope40

Rodger Saffold - New York Jets

^^Great for Roger and the Rams take another blow...

‏@STLouisRams: An MRI confirmed that #Rams QB Sam Bradford suffered a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). He will miss the remainder of the 2013 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/10/rodger-saffold-trying-new-position-on-for-size/related/

During the offseason, Rodger Saffold wasn’t thrilled to learn that the Rams would be moving him to right tackle to make room for free agent arrival Jake Long on the left side of the offensive line.

Saffold is on the move again. Saffold will play right guard for the Rams on Sunday withHarvey Dahl out of the lineup with a knee injury. It will be an uptick in playing time for Saffold, who has been splitting time with Joe Barksdale at right tackle in recent weeks after recovering from shoulder and knee injuries of his own. This position switch hasn’t been met with the same lack of excitement for Saffold.

“It’s definitely been different, but it’s also been a new challenge, which kind of makes things interesting,” Saffold said, via ESPN.com. “I think if I continue to take things the way I have been taking them and coming out and being aggressive, while still being inside, I feel like it doesn’t matter where I play.”

Saffold is heading for free agency after the season and he’s almost certainly going to wind up signing a smaller deal than he would have if he remained at left tackle. His versatility could lead to a wider net of suitors, which would wind up working out well for him wherever he lands for 2014 and beyond.

‏@ProBallHoosiers: Since moving @Rodger_Saffold to Right Guard, @STLouisRams are 2-0 & averaging 40 points, 199 rushing yards, and only 2 sacks per game. #iufb

‏@ProBallHoosiers: Prior to @Rodger_Saffold's move to RG, @STLouisRams were 3-6 averaging 20.7 points, 94.9 rushing yards, and 2.4 sacks per game.  #iufb

@AdamSchefter: After a disagreement in OAK on OT Rodger Saffold's physical condition, he is returning to STL to sign a 5-yr contract with the Rams. Wow. @AdamSchefter: Raiders had concerns about Saffold's shoulder; Rams had "no concerns whatsoever" about his shoulder, per agent Alan Herman and Jared Fox. @AdamSchefter: So the Rams get back an offensive lineman and the Raiders are back to square one at left tackle. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="djsalway" post="46872" timestamp="1394718100"]Anyone know how much money he got to sign back with the Rams? Hope he didn't lose a large chunk due to this supposed "shoulder problem"[/quote]

I've not seen an actual number but I've seen some say it's for a lot less. The Raiders gave him too much in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

@AdamSchefter: OT Rodger Saffold and Rams reached agreement on 5-yr, $31.7M deal that includes $19.5M gtd. Saffold has option to void deal after 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow... over $10 mil less. Crazy how that can change in a day. I'd still give anything to make $6 million a year though...

Practice Recap: Day One in the Books.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Practice-Recap-Day-One-in-the-Books/37150f50-9a65-4437-b26d-407242288261

Former tackle turned guard Rodger Saffold even played a few snaps at left tackle during today’s practice.

“You never know where I’m at.” Saffold said. “I might end up outside at tight end standing up running a route, but trust me, I’ll catch the ball.”

As far as I can tell, Staffold is the only Hoosier in the Super Bowl. I'm a tried-and-true Bears fan, so I really don't care who wins on Sunday. So -- might as well root for the Hoosier. I believe he's started every game this year on the OL. Good luck, Rodger! Make sure you keep Jared Goff off his back. 

GettyImages-1074302442-e1545826925276.jpg

https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/Article/Roger-Saffold-Rams-unsung-hero-NFL-128225307/