Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) SG Malik Monk

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/15/five-star-guard-malik-monk-talks-usa-basketball-indiana/

The 6-foot-3, 170-pound guard averaged 22.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game as a freshman at East Poinsett County High, but moved to Bentonville for his sophomore season.

Monk’s older brother, Marcus, played at the University of Arkansas, which has already offered a scholarship. Baylor, Florida, Indiana, Memphis and Kansas have also offered.

“They’re very interesting,” Monk said of Indiana. “I like the program and they wanted me to come to Hoosier Hysteria, but I was up here.”

The No. 8 prospect in the 247Composite, Monk said he evaluates a variety of factors when looking at the schools who are recruiting him. When asked if the Hoosiers having two of the top four picks in the latest NBA Draft stood out, he confirmed that it’s a factor he’ll look closely at.

“I look at that (the NBA) and the coaching staff and the teammates,” he said. “That’s most of what I’m looking at.”

My nephew goes to Bentonville HS. I am going to have to tell him to make friends with this kid. He's a year ahead of him but I know he hangs out with a lot of the basketball players. Told my sis she has to go to games now and be a scout for me!!!! LOL

Welcome and thanks for sharing. Time for sis to get to work.

My nephew goes to Bentonville HS. I am going to have to tell him to make friends with this kid. He's a year ahead of him but I know he hangs out with a lot of the basketball players. Told my sis she has to go to games now and be a scout for me!!!! LOL

Time to put on your recruiting cap!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-monk-visits-smu-few-schools-working-hardest/

Malik Monk, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound 2016 shooting guard out of Lepanto (AR) East Poinsett County High School, tripped to SMU unofficially on Friday.

His brother, Marcus Monk, told SNY.tv that a handful of schools are in the mix for Malik, ranked the No. 3 shooting guard in the Class of 2016 by 247 Sports.

Arkansas, Baylor, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Memphis, SMU and UConn are working the hardest, Marcus said.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/kentucky-arizona-indiana-louisville-among-new-schools-in-mix-for-malik-monk/

Kentucky’s John Calipari, Kansas’s Bill Self, Indiana’s Tom Crean, Wake Forest’s Danny Manning and Arkansas’s Mike Anderson are among the coaches who have called the 6-foot-4, 180-pound combo guard since Sunday. His latest offers came from Wake Forest and Tulsa.

Malik Monk lists offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Memphis, SMU, Tulsa and Wake Forest, among others. Of those six, he recently told SNY.tv in an exclusive interview that Arkansas, Florida, and SMU are recruiting him the hardest.

But others are working hard, too. “Kansas has been on him for a while,” Marcus said. “They’ve been on him for a while. Kentucky has been very active. Arizona’s been active. They’ve started contacting him since Minnesota. Louisville’s been active. “And then it’s pretty much the schools that he has offers from, like Baylor, they’ve been consistent as well.”

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="70982" timestamp="1403219867"][url="http://zagsblog.com/articles/kentucky-arizona-indiana-louisville-among-new-schools-in-mix-for-malik-monk/"]http://zagsblog.com/articles/kentucky-arizona-indiana-louisville-among-new-schools-in-mix-for-malik-monk/[/url]

[size=4]Kentucky’s John Calipari, Kansas’s Bill Self, Indiana’s Tom Crean, Wake Forest’s Danny Manning and Arkansas’s Mike Anderson are among the coaches who have called the 6-foot-4, 180-pound combo guard since Sunday. His latest offers came from Wake Forest and Tulsa.[/size]

[size=4]Malik Monk lists offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Memphis, SMU, Tulsa and Wake Forest, among others. Of those six, he recently told SNY.tv in an exclusive interview that Arkansas, Florida, and SMU are recruiting him the hardest.[/size]

But others are working hard, too. [size=4]“Kansas has been on him for a while,” Marcus said. “They’ve been on him for a while. Kentucky has been very active. Arizona’s been active. They’ve started contacting him since Minnesota. Louisville’s been active.[/size][size=4]“And then it’s pretty much the schools that he has offers from, like Baylor, they’ve been consistent as well.”[/size][/quote]

he failed to mention IU or Crean and put out a bunch of names there. maybe he forgot, or maybe there isn't much talk in their household about the Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners