Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PF Alex Illikainen to Wisconsin

Wow. This kid is tearing it up. Don't know much about him though. Think visits are still in the works here.

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 11h
Grand Rapids beats East Grand Forks 59-49; Alex Illikainen 34 points, 16 rebounds.

Finally, he's visiting...

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 23m
Alex Illikainen will be making an unofficial visit to Indiana this weekend and will be attending the Hoosiers-Northwestern game on Saturday.

Any other visitors you know of this weekend or otherwise?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/01/30/iu-recruit-alex-illikainen-still-weighing-options/5061183/

He visited Indiana two weeks ago for the Northwestern game and has an offer from the Hoosiers, as well as several other schools, including Creighton, Minnesota and Oregon. He’s taking the first of his official visits this weekend to Cal.

“The teams he probably hears the most from are Creighton, Minnesota, Indiana and Oregon,” said his father Darin.

The younger Illikainen, who recently surpassed 2,000 career points in high school, said he plans to have his commitment made prior to his senior year. He hasn’t finalized any other official visits, but said he’d like to make it back to Indiana.

“It was an awesome visit,” Illikainen said. “I got to see a lot of things down there and really loved it. I talk a lot with (assistant coach Tim) Buckley and he tells me I have a home there. It’s definitely one of the top schools recruiting me. They’ve been hitting me pretty hard since I got the offer this summer.”

Any chance Alex might still be interested in Cal now that Cuonzo Martin is HC there?

Not sure if that's a deal breaker for him or not, but could be nice to cross one off his list of potentials and give IU a better chance of getting a LOI from him...

Any chance Alex might still be interested in Cal now that Cuonzo Martin is HC there?

Not sure if that's a deal breaker for him or not, but could be nice to cross one off his list of potentials and give IU a better chance of getting a LOI from him...

I seen yesterday that he may have his list out in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN  4h
Minnesota and Indiana are expected to be in Grand Rapids to see Alex Illikainen in the coming days.

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN  4h
Nebraska Coach Tim Miles was in Grand Rapids today to watch Grand Rapids four star big Alex Illikainen. Creighton and Northwestern last week