Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Naturalhoosier

How will the conference standings end?

1.  Sparty

2.  Michigan

3.  O$U

4.  Wisconsin

5.  Indiana

6.  Iowa

7.  PUke

8.  Minnesota

9.  Illinois

10. Northwestern

11.  Nebraska

12. Penn St.

I feel pretty confident about 1-3.  4-6 could finish in any order, Iowa will be a thorn in the B1G's collective flesh this year.  You could coin flip 8-9 and I really don't have a good feel for 10-12 so I guess you could put them in any order.  

For our Hoosiers, I think we're looking at the 4-6 range.  Any position there should get us an NCAA birth, the only difference will be seeding.  

1-MSU

2-Michigan

3-IU

4-OSU

5-Iowa

6-Wisconsin

7-Purdue

8-Minnesota

9-Penn State

10-Illinois

11-Northwestern

12-Nebraska

Sparty is a lock at 1.

I feel Michigan is tremendously overrated coming into the year but there is a big margin between them and IU/OSU.

By the time B1G play comes around, our freshman will have good experience from non conference games and with how athletic we will be, I think we finish ahead of OSU.

OSU doesn't have a proven scorer.

Iowa has a lot returning and a strong starting 5.

Wisconsin returns Gasser, but I feel like this year will be a down year for them.

Purdue has key pieces returning with an alright recruiting class

Minnesota will go as far as the Hollins twins take them.

Penn State will be improved with Frazier coming back from injury.

10-12 is pretty self explanatory.

Being an IU fan, yes that is a very high finish at the end of the year. Like I said, with the experience come conference play and the improvement of Hollowell, Perea, and Jurkin I feel like we could be DEEP come B1G play

Here it goes!

1 - Michigan St.

2 - Ohio St

3 - Michigan

4 - Wisconsin

5 - Indiana

6 - Iowa

7 - Minnesota

8 - Purdue

9 - Illinois

10 - Nebraska

11 - N'Western

12 - Penn St.

I know my list may be a tad bit different, however, I think OSU will surprise a lot of people this year. Losing Thomas hurts, but he was very selfish and played no defense. OSU will have the best defense in the conference with Craft and Scott controlling the guard spots. Ross is going to have a big year, and Williams will finally come out of his shell. Penn St I just don't see having it. They lost a really good guard to Euro ball, and I think they lost someone else as well. They could easily jump to the 10th spot, but I don't see it happening. Nebraska was playing very tough basketball at the end of the season, and that will carry over to this season. Wisconsin, even though I can't stand them, they are a very safe pick at 4. I wish they would finish last every year!!!