Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OliviaPope40

Indiana vs MSU Game Thread

Tackling has been bad, and its no secret the IU offense has to be rolling cause every game is a potential shootout. I have to throw this mostly on the offense, they just haven't kept the D off the field, and they haven't scored much.

I wouldn't put it mostly on the O. They put up 28 pts in their first road game against the number 1 defense in the country.

The Defense wants to keep off the field, try making a stop. 15 plays-83 yds, 7 plays-60 yds, 14 plays- 75 yds, 9 plays- 75 yds, 8 plays- 65 yds. And all that was before the third quarter was even halfway over. AND I haven't even mentioned that MSUs offense isn't all that great anyway.

Our defensive schemes continue to be atrocious and elementary. Guys are constantly out of position and have no chance of succeeding, much less making plays, If we had 4 and 5 star talent on D, the scheme would not be a problem. When you are facing a talent defeciency such as we are, you have to do something, anything to be more competitive.

I wouldn't put it mostly on the O. They put up 28 pts in their first road game against the number 1 defense in the country.

The Defense wants to keep off the field, try making a stop. 15 plays-83 yds, 7 plays-60 yds, 14 plays- 75 yds, 9 plays- 75 yds, 8 plays- 65 yds. And all that was before the third quarter was even halfway over. AND I haven't even mentioned that MSUs offense isn't all that great anyway.

Our defensive schemes continue to be atrocious and elementary. Guys are constantly out of position and have no chance of succeeding, much less making plays, If we had 4 and 5 star talent on D, the scheme would not be a problem. When you are facing a talent defeciency such as we are, you have to do something, anything to be more competitive.

And in that sense, you are spot on. Maybe I am being to hard on the offense, but that is because that is where most of our talent is, and they have to perform at a high level in order for IU to win. Yes, the D could bring more, the tackling was often atrocious and our D just needs more aggression. I guess I am working from the standpoint that our Offense is our strong point and we absolutely need them playing top notch in order to make it happen. I always knew the D was going to be a problem.

Sudfeld was horrendous today. Yes, he was being chased around because of poor protection, but it was just not his day. Wilson should have put Roberson in at the half. At least Tre can run from pressure.

Defense still can't tackle. Painful to watch guys just run through Indiana's tackles.

I'm fine with a road loss to Michigan State. They have a great defense. We're moving in the right direction.