Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JSHoosier

Vijay Blackmon - Valpo U Strength & Conditioning Coach

Bad blood between IU and JBJ?

Honestly I don't know what it would be characterized as. But there are issues on the Blackmon side. Maybe it's more on the Senior side but I would be surprised if either Blackmon would ever play for IU. By either I mean the younger brothers.

Since there seems to be no 'love' between IU and Blackmon, I'm not going to follow his future games and post his stats.  I've seen him play multiple games and from my unprofessional point of view he's not what we want and he's not nearly the shooter his older brother is.

On 2/4, Marion defeated Muncie Central 73 - 66.  Blackmon with 14 pts. on 4 of 11 shooting; 0 for 3 on 3's; 2 reb.; 4 assists; 2 steals; 3 TO's. 

I don't think theres any interest from IU's side because there is nothing "special" about Vijay on a basketball side. He will play in college but he isnt a high D1 recruit. He has had a less than stellar year as the focal point on the team.He scored in the high figures when JBJ was drawing multiple defenders and he was open but from all the reports of his games this year, he is underwhelming on his own.

On 1/9, Marion defeated Fort Wayne South Side 76 - 65. Blackmon with 11 pts. on 5 of 16 from the field; 3 rebounds; 2 assists; 2 steals and 3 TO's.

BOUCHER had 34 points, 5 steals and a dunk against Marion. Reggie Jackson, Blackmon, and rest of the team couldn't hold him. Even when Marion ran a box'n'one, they were still having trouble finding a way to stop him.

Well, I never thought Vijay was quite IU material going way back but could see him as a solid mid major guy.   Agree.  

BUT, put Vijay Blackmon beside Grant Gelon. Who you gonna take? Gelon.

In this comparison Vijay looks like a star, IMO.  Disagree.

Well, I never thought Vijay was quite IU material going way back but could see him as a solid mid major guy.   Agree.  

BUT, put Vijay Blackmon beside Grant Gelon. Who you gonna take? Gelon.

In this comparison Vijay looks like a star, IMO.  Disagree.

Why?

At least Gelon has the potential to be a Roth/Zeisloft/Hornsby role player as a stand still shooter. 

Vijay will never be an alpha dog at a high major, and I have a hard time seeing what role he could carve out.

Yea, we are loaded up at Vijays position.