Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JSHoosier

Vijay Blackmon - Valpo U Strength & Conditioning Coach

To be fair, I saw JBJ play his freshman year and wasn't impressed at all. Improvement is possible and Vijay has already improved a lot since I first saw him.

I saw him play last year and have seen video of him this year and Im still not impressed. He is a great player but like Ive said, he is not on IUs level

I saw him play last year and have seen video of him this year and Im still not impressed. He is a great player but like Ive said, he is not on IUs level

That's honesty how I feel about him too. Thought i would be alone in this but he's only got one year left to improve. I've always thought he was a mid major talent.

Dont get me wrong, I agree. But there's always a chance he improves enough for us to consider him. I think 2016 is too stacked to add him when there are so many other better players out there.

Dont get me wrong, I agree. But there's always a chance he improves enough for us to consider him. I think 2016 is too stacked to add him when there are so many other better players out there.

There are multiple players in 16 that should be our focus point and there are too many greats in 2017 to over sign in 2016

Why can't we just get Vijay as our PG for '16? Aren't these similar numbers to what JBJ was putting up in high school? Fill me in here.

Vijay is not on the same skill level as JBJ when they were both in HS. Also, Like James, Vijay is a volume scorer but other than that, there isn't much to it. He's not a great ball handler compared to some of the others we're recruiting

Why can't we just get Vijay as our PG for '16? Aren't these similar numbers to what JBJ was putting up in high school? Fill me in here.

He is not even close to JBJ in high school. Ive seen him play multiple times and he does score a lot but Marion is not good and doesn't really play anyone outside of their conference. Vijay will be a rotation guy at whatever school he ends up at.

I'd take him as a walk-on.

Lol that dude will not walk on anywhere he goes. Have you ever seen him? I have quite a bit being from Huntington. What makes you think he is a walk on type player? He isn't on the level as his brother but he will be a decent 4 year player. Maybe not here but I think he can at a Butler or Xavier type.

^This. He's good. Not great, but good....way too good to be a walk on anywhere. I agree he looks like a typical "slip through the cracks of all Indiana teams and ends up being a top player for Xavier" type of deal. He's come a long way from when I watched him as a sophomore playing with JBJ.

Lol that dude will not walk on anywhere he goes. Have you ever seen him? I have quite a bit being from Huntington. What makes you think he is a walk on type player? He isn't on the level as his brother but he will be a decent 4 year player. Maybe not here but I think he can at a Butler or Xavier type.

I don't think he actually wants him as a walk on (or thinks he would only walk on at other schools) but rather that was his way of saying he'd take a pass. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

11/25 against Maconaquah (3A):  18 points on 7 of 15; 1 of 3 on 3's; 6 rebounds; 3 assists; 1 steal; 6 turnovers.

12/1 against North Miami (1A):  29 points on 12 of 19; 5 of 10 on 3's; 5 rebounds; 3 assists; 1 steal; 2 turnovers.

Next game 12/4 against Lawrence North.