Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JSHoosier

(2015) C Stephen Zimmerman to UNLV

Video inside

Hailing from Las Vegas, seven-foot Stephen Zimmerman is a beast on the court. Zimmerman plays like that at Bishop Gorman High School, but off the court he is the total opposite, more like a gentle giant. The big man is a well-mannered, well-spoken young man, who really appreciates all the accolades and success he has received on the court.

He also has really good hands, and catching alley-oops and dime passes that are dropped off to him in traffic. His footwork is terrific and he displayed real good post moves when we saw him over the summer. His skill set is not where it stops, “Big Zimm” has a very high motor, is always running the floor, and finishes with a dunk whenever possible.

“I want a school that will feel like a family atmosphere, and to have surrounding players that want to see me succeed as much as they want success for themselves,” Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman is looking to have a winning season, be a three-peat as state champion, and to help his young team build for a national run. Last season the center averaged 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 5 blocks respectively, finishing first-team All State, and first-team Max Preps All-Sophmore team.

Zimmerman also wanted to let readers know how he works hard to be where he is, and his how he is very grateful to be blessed with height and talent. Last but not least, his family is the core of his success.

Don't think he leaves the west coast. 

I hear ya Charlie, and I agree. I will say I heard, as recently as this week, IU is in Stephen's top 5. Not sure how much that means, but i believe his list is pretty long so it was always difficult to see where we sat in that. 

CTC out West recruiting tonight. 2015 PF Chase Jeter, 2016 PF TJ Leaf and 2016 SF Justin Jackson playing @ this event tonight to.

Rodger Bohn ‏@rodgerbohn 1m
#iubb coach Tom Crean in the building to check out Bishop Gorman here at @TarkClassic

http://zagsblog.com/articles/zimmerman-says-three-coaches-have-made-an-impression/

Stephen Zimmerman, the 7-foot center from Las Vegas Bishop Gorman ranked No. 2 in the Class of 2015 by Rivals, says three coaches have made a strong impression on him and his family during recruiting.

“Coach Calipari from Kentucky, Coach Pitino from Louisville and Coach Miller from Arizona are a few,” Zimmerman told MidMajorHoopsReport.com in a written interview.

Zimmerman says he’s planning to take a few unofficials in the summer and then officials next fall.

“I’ve done unofficials to UNLV, UCLA and Arizona,” he said. “I may try to do a few unofficials this summer. I plan on scheduling my official visits for October & November before my Senior season begins.”

Zimmerman plays alongside fellow 2015 big man Chase Jeter on the Dream Vision AAU team and Jeter is being courted hard by Duke, North Carolina, Arizona, Kansas and UCLA, Dream Vision director Clay Williams told SNY.tv.

He is set to visit Duke March 8 for the North Carolina game. Jeter previously told SNY.tv that he didn’t think he and Zimmerman would wind up at the same school, but Williams doesn’t rule it out.

“A lot of coaches say, ‘Hey, should we recruit one or or the other?’ and I  say, ‘No, you gotta recruit ‘em both.’ They may say that [they won't go to college together] because they play together. They’re not brothers per se, but there’s a lot of rivalry there. They’re competitive.

“I wouldn’t be shocked [if they went to college together].”

Jalen Brunson we also have some interest in. I live close to where he plays HS Ball and he is great. He took his not so great team to the state championship game last year and they lost to Simeon(Jabari Parker and Kendrick Nunn) by about 3 points.