Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PF Carlton Bragg to Kansas

Committed 1/8/15.

EDIT: 9/1/14 Cut list -  UCLA, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona

Cleveland, OH (Villa Angela-St. Joseph)

Ht: 6-8 | Wt: 180

AAU: Ohio Basketball Club

Has an offer. Coaches have visited a few times since the last recruiting period opened up. Pap's boy. 

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Videos

Twitter

Jack LeGwin@jacklegwin24h

Carlton Bragg will not be able to attend BBM, per his mentor.

I do love this kid's game. Despite the news above, I expect Bragg to play for UK. Calipari has gotten on him earlier than he gets on most, it seems, and Bragg has talked about how much he likes UK. It came out everywhere, I believe, that IU has fallen out of that top 5 for Bragg. I'm not saying things can't change as it is still early, but I'm not feeling great about this.

fwiw. This handle is from Ohio...

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 18h
Hearing that Cleveland VASJ's Carlton Bragg, one of the top recruits in the country, favors OSU over Kentucky & others.

An article from bleacher report has Indiana as being the school Bragg should avoid.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113946-ncaa-basketball-recruiting-1-school-each-uncommitted-5-star-player-should-avoid/page/15

NCAA Basketball Recruiting: 1 School Each Uncommitted 5-Star Player Should Avoid:

CARLTON BRAGG - INDIANA

Any number of Big Ten teams would love to add a post presence with the athletic ability of Carlton Bragg. Indiana, though, asks its big men to provide more shooting than Bragg is equipped to supply.

Even Noah Vonleh, a far more developed offensive weapon than Bragg, had a rough time producing consistent point totals in the Hoosiers attack.

The Cleveland product would do better on a more uptempo team that would let him outrun opposing forwards in transition (perhaps Kentucky or Maryland).

Bleacher Report is such a joke. I only believe anything I read on there if it comes from an outside source.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Aren't they kind of a "Wikipedia" of sorts?  Open submission?

[quote name="mamasa" post="73319" timestamp="1404747897"]Aren't they kind of a "Wikipedia" of sorts? Open submission?[/quote] That's what I've gathered. Just reading through some of the articles, you can tell some of the people that write for them have no idea what they're talking about. There are some that are good, but most is just people spitballing about stuff they don't know anything about. See: above. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

An article from bleacher report has Indiana as being the school Bragg should avoid.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113946-ncaa-basketball-recruiting-1-school-each-uncommitted-5-star-player-should-avoid/page/15

NCAA Basketball Recruiting: 1 School Each Uncommitted 5-Star Player Should Avoid:

CARLTON BRAGG - INDIANA

Any number of Big Ten teams would love to add a post presence with the athletic ability of Carlton Bragg. Indiana, though, asks its big men to provide more shooting than Bragg is equipped to supply.
Even Noah Vonleh, a far more developed offensive weapon than Bragg, had a rough time producing consistent point totals in the Hoosiers attack.
The Cleveland product would do better on a more uptempo team that would let him outrun opposing forwards in transition (perhaps Kentucky or Maryland).

Even bleacher report piling on. Crean has run out of recruiting momentum big time. The best players make the best coaches, but I think he should be more focused on a particular region. It just seems he's recruiting north, south, east and west now with not much success.

I'm not saying Bragg should come to IU but him and Vonleh are nowhere near an alike comparison in any regard and have no bearing on this recruitment whatsoever. Anyone who puts any stock into a bleacher report article is or will soon be severely misguided.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners