Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All_Hoosiers

IUBB Expectations

Saw this morning where someone asked Jeff Goodman if he thinks IU has "the potential to make a run in March." He replied, "I don't see it."

I know expectations aren't too high this year, but I'd like to know everyone's expectations for this team.

I'm biased and really love these freshmen so mine are probably a bit higher than others. I think this team will be a low top-25 team most of the year, even falling out of the top 25 at times. I see a year that resembles the 2011-12 year. I'll have to wait and see this team play, but I don't think a run in March is out of the question.

I don't think a run is out of the question. This team has a ton of talent, with a top PG leading the way. I think IU will be a top 30ish team, finish about 5th in the conference, and a second round exit in the tourney. However, I can see them upsetting a team and going to the Elite8.

For the first time in a long time, I have no idea what to expect out of this year's team.  I think the gap between the best case scenario and the worst case scenario is huge.  IMO best case is we are solidly ranked all year, hovering around the top of the B1G and a sweet 16 team come March.  Worst case, we are on the bubble come march.  

We've got a pg, and if you have a pg you have a chance in cbb.  We're relying a TON on the freshman and that scares me.  My biggest hope/expectation for this year is that we are a better team in December than we were in November and then that we're a better team in January than in December...ect....and that we are the best we are all year by March..  

I don't think a run is out of the question. This team has a ton of talent, with a top PG leading the way. I think IU will be a top 30ish team, finish about 5th in the conference, and a second round exit in the tourney. However, I can see them upsetting a team and going to the Elite8.

It's generally a great PG that leads a team to victory.  I'm entering the season w/tempered expectation.  Expecting the worst but hoping for the best!!

Agree that there is a lot of potential. Having Yogi makes me feel a lot better about our chances come March. I'm also extremely glad we have Noah Vonleh. Imagine if hadn't reclassified to 2013. How would we feel about the team without him?

This is going to be a team that will steadily improve as the freshmen get acclamated to the college/B1G game. As Parakeet mentioned, this group should show us improvement as the season moves along. I hate to put too much weight on the shoulders of our freshmen players, but I think their growth and contributions on the court are going to make or break us come March. We will need solid bench play and they are going to have to be ready if we are to make some noise in the post season. Really looking forward to this season.