Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

(2014) SF Devin Robinson to Florida

ZachOsterman @ZachOsterman 1m

Quick post on the Blog: Devin Robinson's coach says the player hasn't cut any of his four finalists: http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersinsider/2013/10/22/coach-devin-robinson-still-open-to-all-four-finalists/ 

"Refuting a report to the contrary Tuesday, Christchurch School coach Ben Thompson told the Star this afternoon that Devin Robinson, his star forward, is still considering all four of his finalists. Robinson, Thompson said, has set no timetable for a final decision, beyond the desire to have his recruitment over by the November signing window.

“Devin’s still deciding between all four (finalists),” Thompson said in a text message, referring to Robinson’s last four of Indiana, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State and Florida. The initial report suggested the Hoosiers and Gators had made Robinson’s final cut."

Saw an interesting tweet from Hutch after taking over Scout. Someone asked why EVERYTHING was premium. He replied that the goal was to sell subscriptions. While this is true and I don't fault them for that I think they've shot themselves in the foot with jumping the gun on stories. That pistol is going to backfire sooner or later.

I love his twitter too.  He says the decision will be the first week of November.  Someone called him out on his stuff, and he just says wait and see who he picks and see if he was uniformed...  Lol.  So, basically its a coin flip.  If he is right, then he can scream at the top of his lungs.  If he was wrong, it will be that kids change their right.  If it was his first time, I would say give him a chance.  Dude just does this all of the time.

Saw an interesting tweet from Hutch after taking over Scout. Someone asked why EVERYTHING was premium. He replied that the goal was to sell subscriptions. While this is true and I don't fault them for that I think they've shot themselves in the foot with jumping the gun on stories. That pistol is going to backfire sooner or later.

This is a huge reason to why they report the way they do.  They are 100% relying on immediate subscriptions.  On other sites you have built up the atmosphere.  I remember seeing right after they took over someone asked him on the site why they should pay for his premium content and he said because he will always have the info first.  That instantly told me anyone could tell them anything and they will run with it before verifying.  They want you to pay for them, for shock value.  That will bite them hardcore in the end.  Its better to be right than fast. 

His game won't last long when there are other guys out their giving legit info. Zach's quick article looks to me like a we're not going to let this slide anymore statement.

This is a huge reason to why they report the way they do. They are 100% relying on immediate subscriptions. On other sites you have built up the atmosphere. I remember seeing right after they took over someone asked him on the site why they should pay for his premium content and he said because he will always have the info first. That instantly told me anyone could tell them anything and they will run with it before verifying. They want you to pay for them, for shock value. That will bite them hardcore in the end. Its better to be right than fast.

Speaking as someone who runs a competitive site, the model Hutch and AllHoosiers is following won't sustain. The model that Peegs is running won't sustain. The model that Inside the Hall and 24/7 are running won't sustain.

The model we are running, one that is 100% free is the only thing that will work going forward. Twitter has changed the game on how information gets out. There are WAY too many published articles and content for free to keep fans up to date. BtownBanners is a perfect example of that. Content aggregators like we have here bring everything from across the web to members for no cost. That is the future.

Peegs stranglehold on $100/year members will die off when he starts trying to get the teen- twenties demographic. This generation won't pay for stuff we already get for free.

Morale of this marathon post, I think we are doing the right things at BtownBanners through our site, app and social media to set us up to become the number one IUBB (IUATHLETICS) site out there. I'm happy to have you all here and around for the ride!

--- (I'm stepping down from my soap box now.)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Speaking as someone who runs a competitive site, the model Hutch and AllHoosiers is following won't sustain. The model that Peegs is running won't sustain. The model that Inside the Hall and 24/7 are running won't sustain.

The model we are running, one that is 100% free is the only thing that will work going forward. Twitter has changed the game on how information gets out. There are WAY too many published articles and content for free to keep fans up to date. BtownBanners is a perfect example of that. Content aggregators like we have here bring everything from across the web to members for no cost. That is the future.

Peegs stranglehold on $100/year members will die off when he starts trying to get the teen- twenties demographic. This generation won't pay for stuff we already get for free.

Morale of this marathon post, I think we are doing the right things at BtownBanners through our site, app and social media to set us up to become the number one IUBB (IUATHLETICS) site out there. I'm happy to have you all here and around for the ride!

With what you have here, with the additions of the new Mods/Admins, this place is going to become INSANE, but in an amazing way!!!

Florida gives the best playing time opportunity to Robinson, so I can understand why he'd go there. It's just confusing, honestly, when all I see publicly from Robinson (which is very little) is Indiana retweets. Florida is a legit contender, and, in my opinion, the only other serious threat, but unless he commits to Florida, I won't believe he's going anywhere but IU for a second.

Agree with everything said here. I may not be able to know some inside stuff, but I can most of the important details of a recruit without Peegs, AllHoosiers, and other sites. It's easy to get a feel on any situation without paying. BtownBanners is great, and will continue to get even better.

Devin Robinson, a 6-foot-8, 175-pound forward from Christchurch (Va.) School, has yet to announce his college decision and has no timeframe on an announcement.

Robinson is still considering Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Indiana and Florida, his high school coach, Ben Thompson confirmed to SNY.tv.

“Oklahoma State, Florida and Indiana visited last week,” Thompson said by text. “No visitors this week.”

UConn had been on his list, but Robinson cancelled his recent visit there.

Said New York recruiting expert Tom Konchalski of Robinson: ”He’s terrific. “He just needs to get stronger, that’s all he needs to do

“He’s a very good all-court player. He’s a running forward who changes ends, gets out on the break. An athletic system is the best for him, obviously. He just needs to get stronger.”

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/devin-robinson-still-deciding/

Nothing new here, just a confirmation that a decision hasn't been made.